Correction

doormanpoet

I reported a couple of weeks ago about a new nine story tower, 11 with parking, at 31st and West End behind Walgreens. Well here is the scoop.

William Williams did some further research and here it is:

There are two developers with the SAME name! They are BOTH building condo projects in the SAME area. The 9 story condo will be located at 30th and Poston, and another condo project in the 5 story range will be at 31st and West End.

That is two projects by two people with the same name in the same area!!!

Wow, glad to get that cleared up. :w00t:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's the deal with Houston's not being able to negotiate a new lease? That's the original Houston's Restaurant and has been a fixture on that corner for 28 years. I understand it's a family owned property and that developers are probably drooling over the location. That's one place I sure wish they'd just leave alone.

30th and Poston? I used to live a block away at 30th and Burch. That location is less than a block away from the swanky West End Lofts One and Two. This area is really getting thick. With the two towers, plus the Midtown Lofts next to American Center and the new Bristol Marquis this will be a whole new neighborhood. Whoa.

The West End Apt. bldg. was almost all the way down when I past by there this afternoon. Aso the erosion barriers are up at the site of the Midtown Lofts. Must be ready to start there as well. All the older dorm rooms are being torn down on 18th ave to make way for the new Vandy dorms. I thought I saw that this was about a hundred million dollar project, however I may be wrong. These buildings are going to be what they call "green" buildings, (environmently freindly building products).

Archived