Lot behind Metro City Hall

doormanpoet

New forumer Smeegolsfree gave me this tidbit, thanks Ron! Anyway, this lot was donated to the library by a single owner. It CANNOT BE SOLD OR DEVELOPED by metro. If there is interest for a skyscraper or a condo here, the land owenership reverts back to the original owner who does not want to sell it at this time. :P

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To clarify a little. As long as Metro owns the property, there has to be a libray on the site. There is a small library in the temp. city hall to keep the land from going back to the family that donated the land to begin with. I might have the facts a little off but I do remember seeing this on one of the news stations.

You're right. I have nothing to add. When the land was made available to the city, the presence of a library was a requirement. I don't know who owns the land, but I sure wish it was me. The family trust knows what it's doing and someday they'll be ready to reap the reward, just not yet. I think it's funny though that there's this little bitty library somewhere in that building when the new one is just a block away. I feel the city's grip beginning to loosen. If and when the family decides to develop the land, I'm sure the courts can make a quick decision to snatch it away and give the family full reign when the time is right.

Archived