Captial Plaza III

Jaybee

Whoa, very nice, I like all 3!!!! Capital Plaza 3 has some nice density and "Monarch" reminds me a little of Waverly. The 3rd one is stunning. Any more details? Hey there are no creases on these? What gives!!!

Edited by firemick

Man, the Eola Planning District (and Thornton Park) is blowing up more than even the CBD for the time being. This neighborhood keeps impressing me. My guess on the heights are 1. Capital Plaza 3 (corner bldg) 21 stories at maybe 260 feet and 2. The Monarch at Jackson and Liberty at 24 stories and probably 240 feet and finally 3. Eola and Church unnamed project at 22 stories and 220 feet. Just a guess.

Edited by firemick

Just to help clarify things, this is a copy of my post from The Homemade Renderings Thread:

Updated map with proposals of Capital Plaza III, Monarch, 305 S. Eola, and Church Eola Development. Since these are based off of renderings (or none at all) that show very little in terms of scale and place, these are my best estimations of their respective footprints and locations:

constructionmap66pk.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. Hughes Square

2. City View Apartments

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Orlando City Place

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. Washington Residential Tower

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Pizzuti Redevelopment

27. Orange Court

28. The M (Magnolia Lofts)

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Orlando Palace

33. 205 S. Eola Dr.

34. Capital Plaza III

35. Monarch

36. Church/Eola Residential

37. 305 S. Eola Dr.

EDIT: Fixed size and location of 35.

Edited by bic

The first is on the east side of Rosalind between Pine and Church

The second is on the corner of Jackson and Liberty (behind the Orange County Admin Building and south of Lutheran Plaza)

The third is on Church and Eola south of the Sanctuary.

And yes, you may recall the extension of the Lymmo BRT lines are planned to go towards Thornton Park.

Well, Orlando currently has the Lymmo free bus system circulating through the central business district with its own right of way. I believe there are plans to expand the system, which should link this rapidly developing Eola South/Thornton Park district to the rest of downtown.

In addition to this, there is the possibility of a future light rail system making a few stops in downtown.

There is also the Corinthian Project mentioned earlier this week at the southwest corner of Division and Washington. It's a 6-story building with condos and office space, with retail on the bottom (kitty corner to #13 to the northwest).

Raise a glass lads, big toast to the new look of Downtown Orlando. Sip...........................ahhhh. I am almost speechless myself UPSDan, i think we have reached beyond Tampa and are second to Miami in number of true high rise projects going in.

Jaybee said that the Monarch is located at the NE Corner of South Street and Liberty and will face E. Jackson Street. This will occupy half the block and will be between the City Parking Garage across from the Grande and the old timers high rise to the east. The unnamed project Jaybee said will be the block just south of the Sanctuary. So you are gonna have some density in that area that rivals anywhere else in DT if all goes up. This project also appears to have some street level interface as well. I agree with you praha!