Captial Plaza III

Jaybee

11 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Capital Plaza III is closer to being real. Heard rumors that Highwoods is looking for a contractor and trying to secure leases for enough office space to secure financing. They are shopping for national general contractor/CM firms for a package deal to occupy a portion of the building in exchange for the construction contract (similar to what Lincoln Property Group did with Austin Commercial to build and occupy Church Street Plaza).  If that happens and they get a couple of more tenants to commit, we could see this start within 1-2 years. They are currently building out 2 floors of space in Landmark II for DPR construction (national GC/CM firm).  I think Highwoods is trying to establish relationships with multiple national CMs for a network of builders as the boom cycle continues in top growing MSAs across the country (don't tell IAR, but we are actually one of the top growing MSAs). 

I am sure they are trying to front-run CNL III and CSP Phase II.  The problem I see is the vacation of SunTrust space that will make them compete harder for Class A office space tenants to pre-lease. Highwoods know what they are doing, and I expect this to happen eventually. 

Wow.  You are really on top of this.  You're a good Gator.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, codypet said:

Yea I was driving back from Deland yesterday and I was like Holy hell its progressing!

yeah... some sort of steel framing going up somewhere above the parking deck close to the tower.  I also noticed some other multi-level structure on the other side of the tower as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Just now, IAmFloridaBorn said:

And for more clarity, Capital Plaza 3 and CNL 3 are two different projects ?

Yes - CNL3 was proposed for the City Hall area across from CNL 1 - even had a tentative plan to move the Downtown YMCA there.  No news on it for a good while 

• Like 1