Captial Plaza III

Jaybee

The Monarch is a really slick looking building....and the Church/Eola is pretty nice too. But I'm really hoping that an iteration or two of the design of Capital Plaza III will turn it around cause right now it's not doing anything for me.

The rapid transformation of Eola South into this hip urban neighborhood full of 20-story residential buildings is almost shocking to me. I wonder if North Eola will undergo similar development.

I likey alotty, i cant wait to find out more about Monarch Tower. Its got that Waverly resemblence but a litttle bit taller and with a pool deck and its not really that wavy but like a trapezoidal design.

Edited by firemick

That's a pretty drab design, but looking at the Cooper Carry web site (coopercarry.com) shows that at least this architectural firm has tons of design experience with hugely significant projects. Not only that, but their other designs are actually quite nice.

It seems to me like this overly conservative design has the potential to blossom into something much greater after some reevaluation.

I think it might clean up well with a little more design work. It needs a bit more business look than Monarch or Paramont which are primarily residential. The building in the back has a CNL look to it; which I like but I hope it doesn't stay white. I like the rose marble that CNL used. It looks like they are putting in retail on the ground floor of the two Rosalind facing buildings. The architects talk the new urban people-connection language. We'll see if it's just talk.

That block is not really that big. The driveway will more than likely very narrow. Just same as the plaza project, when we see the rendering, everybody was complaining about the small "plaza" area in the center, but now when it is being built, it looks very small compare to the rendeing.

If they are gonna have shops and restaurant on both side of the driveway, I think it will be really good. If the driveway is as big as it showed, the building at the end of the drieway must be extremely narrow.