Captial Plaza III

Jaybee

• 10 months later...

Maybe they're using it as a staging area for Tradition Towers' groundbreaking..... :rolleyes::P

LOL! :D

This project isn't starting construction any time soon. They need to get significant pre-leasing activity to justify development. The fenced off area and dumpster may have been for the Fiesta in the Park, which was last weekend.

• 3 years later...

616467k3.jpg

With condos instead of apartments, this looks like an older rendering to me. Would anyone really build condos in downtown in this market?

My guess is that they want to hotel built before DPAC opens, so if this is really revived I would expect it to be built in phases with hotel being the first phase.

Also why all the pavers? Change out that central driveway with a nice park instead, it would be great looking.

Also why all the pavers? Change out that central driveway with a nice park instead, it would be great looking.

I agree but most people in Orlando don't like to walk, unlike in NYC where 20 blocks is considered a short walk. It's sad to see developments downtown continue to be car centric as people continue to cling to their guns, religion & gas guzzling automobiles haha. Actually, I'm not sure if Orlando will ever become a true pedestrian city because it's just way too hot outside without the continuous shade of tree lined streets & tall buildings. I'm about a 15 min walk to Lake Eola/Thornton Park but I rarely ever do it unless it's in the evening. Maybe I'd walk more if I lived in the CBD... in addition to Lymmo.

I don't think the pavers, in lieu of green space, make it any more car-centric. The setback itself is the potential problem for the pedestrian experience. I'll hold back judgement because who knows, maybe they would have outdoor seating for a restaurant (or ideally, cafes in all three buildings).

Where is Capital Plaza I and II? Are one (or both) the twin buildings between Central and Pine next to Embassy Suites? (PNC and American Momentum I think).

• 3 months later...

Just to help clarify things, this is a copy of my post from The Homemade Renderings Thread:

Updated map with proposals of Capital Plaza III, Monarch, 305 S. Eola, and Church Eola Development. Since these are based off of renderings (or none at all) that show very little in terms of scale and place, these are my best estimations of their respective footprints and locations:

constructionmap66pk.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. Hughes Square

2. City View Apartments

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Orlando City Place

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. Washington Residential Tower

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Pizzuti Redevelopment

27. Orange Court

28. The M (Magnolia Lofts)

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Orlando Palace

33. 205 S. Eola Dr.

34. Capital Plaza III

35. Monarch

36. Church/Eola Residential

37. 305 S. Eola Dr.

EDIT: Fixed size and location of 35.

bic, looking back to 2005 and remembering the optimism we all shared for downtown Orlando and it's boom... Many of these proposals did not see the light of day, but the majority were built, or are currently in the building process. What I find interesting is that most of our current proposals are resurrections of failed proposals from the boom era (Orlando Central Station, the Uptown projects, Sky House aka Ridgely Manor). In some ways, it seems that Orlando is slowly filling in the gaps from that era.

What we couldn't have predicted in 2005, although hoped for, was the approval of SunRail, the 3 downtown venues, the reemergence of a vibrant Church Street, and a general feeling that downtown Orlando was here to stay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...