Captial Plaza III

Jaybee

• 3 years later...

• 1 month later...

Here's a sales site and new rendering. 

1443640547.cp3_2015_0220_750.jpg

http://www.highwoods.com/find-your-space/detail/72/capital-plaza-three-prelease

They're calling it 14 stories, with the first 7 being parking. I like that the parking looks completely enclosed, and not open/semi-open. It looks like all 7 stories are completely open for leasing.

• Like 3

Amazing.  Downtown Orlando development truly is on life support.  There is stuff getting built, but, really, 7 stories office on top of 7 stories parking like the OUC Bldg but a little taller, really?  That's it?

Well, it is infill, and it should compliment Modera nicely with all this new infill virtually next to each other.  

And just to remind myself and everyone else, regional suburban CFLA construction is decimating demand for new downtown office.  I've witnessed it with Traveller's Insurance going to Baldwin, Darden's HQ, Adventist Health's HQ, and so many other companies that don't see downtown as an option.  Red Lobster coming to CNL was a coup, but I think the future of downtown is going to be residential.  At least in Chicago they give $$$ incentives to companies to move downtown, not only companies coming in from other states, but from the suburbs as well.  And this is with office space.  With hotels, well, we know where they gravitate towards.

• Like 2

Not bad looking but I liked some of the earlier designs better.

A little too much glass for my taste. Makes it look kinda boxy.

Don't much care for the greenish looking color of the glass either.

I don't really have a problem with the height though, given the location.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, codypet said:

Are they replacing the old garage and lot with this or just the lot?  

Just the lot between Pine and Church facing Rosalind from what I understand.

Can't imagine them demolishing a perfectly good and NEEDED garage just to put up another one.

What I'm wondering is which direction is the side of the building shown going to be facing?

I would hope it would be facing west and fronting right up to Rosalind.

Here's a more recent rendering that was floating around a few years ago. Slightly different architecture, but three parcels and overall massing seems to be a constant. 

birdview+of+new+hotel+and+plaza+III.png

Site plan showing that the garage would stay and be expanded with a smaller, lined parking structure:

cpIII+phase+1.png

While not super exciting in and of itself, I think the fact that it's between Modera and Citi could help substantially transform the area. 

• Like 2

On 3/3/2017 at 2:46 PM, jrs2 said:

Amazing.  Downtown Orlando development truly is on life support.  There is stuff getting built, but, really, 7 stories office on top of 7 stories parking like the OUC Bldg but a little taller, really?  That's it?

Well, it is infill, and it should compliment Modera nicely with all this new infill virtually next to each other.  

And just to remind myself and everyone else, regional suburban CFLA construction is decimating demand for new downtown office.  I've witnessed it with Traveller's Insurance going to Baldwin, Darden's HQ, Adventist Health's HQ, and so many other companies that don't see downtown as an option.  Red Lobster coming to CNL was a coup, but I think the future of downtown is going to be residential.  At least in Chicago they give $$$ incentives to companies to move downtown, not only companies coming in from other states, but from the suburbs as well.  And this is with office space.  With hotels, well, we know where they gravitate towards.

Life support? Seriously? The projects may not be tall, but how many more billions of dollars need to be spent to impress you? 

FYI this building will be taller than depicted. 

Edited by RedStar25
Spelling.

Don't forget the Sharper Image, Limited and B. Dalton at the Church Street Market! I do miss Duck Head - they were the most wonderful khakis (although the brand had gone downhill quite a bit by the time they got to Church St.) They were the pants of choice for generations of Southern fraternity lads back in the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

Don't forget the Sharper Image, Limited and B. Dalton at the Church Street Market! I do miss Duck Head - they were the most wonderful khakis (although the brand had gone downhill quite a bit by the time they got to Church St.) They were the pants of choice for generations of Southern fraternity lads back in the day.

I remember all of those stores.

I also remember Brookstone. And Pizzeria Uno and TGIFriday's and Olive Garden.

I was just following the clothing store theme we had gotten on.

Going back inside the Exchange, there was a Black Market Minerals, a Sam Goody music, a Mrs Fields Cookies, a custom made candle store.... just to name a few.

That was a lively place for a number of years. Kinda miss it.

• Like 3