River House Construction

GRDadof3

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sources tell me that design/engineering work is progressing and that groundbreaking will be sometime in October.  It's supposed to be just under 400' tall.  Let's hope this is all true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't hold your breathe guys.

This deal still has lots of hair on it, owner of Bridgewater and RGDC reportedly do not have agreement yet, and that is a critical component of this thing happening.

Tower 2 does not happen w/o "cooperation" (parking, utility infrastructure, etc) with tower 1.

The initial press stuff was a bit of 'market sampling' and I understand that. Ego and momentum are powerful opponents however and it looks to me (could be wrong) that much negotiation still must occur.

I really hope to see it happen, I think our market is ready for it. Don't be fooled by all the media hype though, this one ain't over.

This deal still has lots of hair on it, owner of Bridgewater and RGDC reportedly do not have agreement yet, and that is a critical component of this thing happening.

Tower 2 does not happen w/o "cooperation" (parking, utility infrastructure, etc) with tower 1.

The initial press stuff was a bit of 'market sampling' and I understand that.  Ego and momentum are powerful opponents however and it looks to me (could be wrong) that much negotiation still must occur.

I really hope to see it happen, I think our market is ready for it.  Don't be fooled by all the media hype though, this one ain't over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, Eric, good to hear from again. I can see doing a test of the market to see if it is feasible, but they have to be way over $200,000 into this by now. Full page ads in the press, GR Magazine, Business Journal and the cover of Select Living is not cheap, and add to that a website, sales staff, and a sales office. Maybe Grooters is assuming its a done deal, even though there are issues to work out. Plus they are obviously doing site work now. I totally don't trust the press or sales hype, but my gut tells me now that he has garnered so much interest in tower II, he is going to do this come hell or high water ;)

Full page ads in the press, GR Magazine, Business Journal and the cover of Select Living is not cheap, and add to that a website, sales staff, and a sales office.

I also saw a commercial for River House on Fox17 during the news. It was a full length commercial with the rendering. The main focus for the ad was the benefits of our exciting downtown and the short walking distance from River House. Quite an impressive campaign for something that is not a sure thing...

It could simply be good marketing. Spill out the facts and act like everything will be okay - whether you tell the whole truth or not. The hype will make sure everything is okay - that is if predictions about what the market can support prove true. Unless someone is just being completely ornery, the demand will force the deal to go through.

Don't underestimate hype. I'm getting too political (and sounding like a conspiracy theorist), but if it can make nobodies "stars" via MTV and can cause and still support a "war on terrorism" even though most US citizens can see the truth, then it can definitely help a viable project see its way through.

Not to critisize people that can see the "bad" side of things (you can be the best eye-openers), but there's something about this one project that you know is going to work...

...or is that just the hype machine (hopefully it works on metro GR residents, too).

I hope to see it happen too. I would have to think the BW I would benefit from Riverhouse. I think Bridgewater would fill up its vacated restaurant/commercial space, fill the parking lot that is overbuilt for one tower and BW I could become the dot on the exclamation point of downtown's skyline. It definitely would raise the visibility of BW I, which hopefully in turn would fill up the building and retain existing customers. I just hope it doesn't hinge on a big giant Varnum sign on Riverhouse. :) What a poorly designed sign (and I like signage on buildings when it looks good).

Crossing my fingers. :)

Joe

The initial press stuff was a bit of 'market sampling' and I understand that.  Ego and momentum are powerful opponents however and it looks to me (could be wrong) that much negotiation still must occur.

I really hope to see it happen, I think our market is ready for it.  Don't be fooled by all the media hype though, this one ain't over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could simply be good marketing. Spill out the facts and act like everything will be okay - whether you tell the whole truth or not. The hype will make sure everything is okay - that is if predictions about what the market can support prove true. Unless someone is just being completely ornery, the demand will force the deal to go through.

Don't underestimate hype. I'm getting too political (and sounding like a conspiracy theorist), but if it can make nobodies "stars" via MTV and can cause and still support a "war on terrorism" even though most US citizens can see the truth, then it can definitely help a viable project see its way through.

Not to critisize people that can see the "bad" side of things (you can be the best eye-openers), but there's something about this one project that you know is going to work...

...or is that just the hype machine (hopefully it works on metro GR residents, too).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, and I DO want to see this thing happen. Just have concerns based on what I've heard from some sources that I deem to be good ones.

Hopefully they will pull it off. Serious egg-on-the-face if not however !

Archived