Downtown Grand Rapids Development Updates

GRDadof3

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

"Sold" and "Reserved" get used interchangeably a lot in residential construction. And MiBiz tends to just regurgitate press releases verbatim. I would guess that since they haven't done any interior demolition or configured units in the Y yet, that they can't actually do purchase agreements yet. I could be mistaken. With that being said, 34 reserved already is a great start. Get em while they're hot!

• 2 weeks later...

What we can expect to see in 2006 (if all goes well):

Major work on the RDV/Christman Med Towers parking ramp, maybe even work on the towers and Lemmen Holton Cancer Pavilion...

Groundbreaking for VAI Phase II this Spring

Vertical construction and possible completion of exterior work on Riverfront Plaza

Vertical construction of the JW Marriott

Vertical construction and possible completion of exterior work on Icon on Bond

Vertical construction of River House :whistling:

Major exterior work and exterior completion of Union Square

Possible ground-breaking for Tall House and Two West Fulton

Major exterior work, possibly completed, on the Civic Theatre

Demolition of the parking ramp to make way for the Devos Children's Hospital ground-breaking in Fall

Major renovation work on The Fitzgerald

Work on the new Kennedy School of Engineering wing at Eberhard

Ground breaking for 920 Cherry Street and Fairmount Square :whistling:

Ground breaking for Uptown Village (Wealthy Street) :whistling:

Several announcements this Spring for new projects :thumbsup:

Several announcements late Winter and early Spring on some more apartment-to-condo conversions

Did I miss anything?

• 1 year later...
What we can expect to see in 2006 (if all goes well):

Major work on the RDV/Christman Med Towers parking ramp, maybe even work on the towers and Lemmen Holton Cancer Pavilion...

Groundbreaking for VAI Phase II this Spring

Vertical construction and possible completion of exterior work on Riverfront Plaza

Vertical construction of the JW Marriott

Vertical construction and possible completion of exterior work on Icon on Bond

Vertical construction of River House :whistling:

Major exterior work and exterior completion of Union Square

Possible ground-breaking for Tall House and Two West Fulton

Major exterior work, possibly completed, on the Civic Theatre

Demolition of the parking ramp to make way for the Devos Children's Hospital ground-breaking in Fall

Major renovation work on The Fitzgerald

Work on the new Kennedy School of Engineering wing at Eberhard

Ground breaking for 920 Cherry Street and Fairmount Square :whistling:

Ground breaking for Uptown Village (Wealthy Street) :whistling:

Several announcements this Spring for new projects

Several announcements late Winter and early Spring on some more apartment-to-condo conversions

Did I miss anything?

So, I was looking for floor plans for riverhouse (seem to be off their website, now) and doing a Google search, found this thread. So, GRDad, how'd we do in '06? I'm not up on every project, but I'm pretty impressed that most of these did start/complete, or are at least still in the works... :)

So, I was looking for floor plans for riverhouse (seem to be off their website, now) and doing a Google search, found this thread. So, GRDad, how'd we do in '06? I'm not up on every project, but I'm pretty impressed that most of these did start/complete, or are at least still in the works... :)

The BRT thing could very well come true. According to tonight's epesode of the West Michigan Week show on WGVU whom interveiwed the head of the Rapid, the public transit service would like to do a BRT route on the S. Division corridor within ten years.

BRT routes announced, some work to start by late 2007

Archived