Moved to Nashville

Sean4180

I recently moved to Nashville and am in a corporate apartment in the west end area. I have 45 days here so I need to find a place rather quickly. I have been looking around trying to figure out where to live. For reference I am a 25 year old single male originally from the Chicago North West burbs. I work downtown and am accustomed to a short commute so I want to stay close. I cannot make up my mind between west end/belview area town homes and a condo in the city. I have also seen a couple of single families but they are a bit to far out there. There is also some single fam's off of charlotte pike within range but the area seems kind of low end. Is that area on the up or going down? One thing to note is I require a garage or a garage space to house my car and motorcycle. Can any of you recommend a development for 220k or lower that would fill what I need?

Thanks,

Sean

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean, I'd try to stick with West End myself. You might look around the eastside as it's an area of continuing gentrification where good deals with plenty of space can still be found. Bellevue seems a bit crowded to me and very, very suburban in nature. I don't know exactly where you mean on Charlotte, but unless you're quite far out, I don't see the area doing much except for the area called Sylvan Park which is getting quite expensive.

You might look around the Hillsboro Village neighborhoods, travel toward Belmont Blvd and continue into the trendy 12South district. Deals are still there, but going fast. Germantown is another area of interest. There's so much new construction planned that the neighborhood will soon become a prime destination (with prices to match, I'm sure). These are all very close and within eyesight of downtown.

'Sean'

Welcome to Nashville from another new resident. I just moved into a downtown condo (or should I say am in the process). Did a lot of research this past spring and I think you should take a look at the Werthan development on North 8th. The area is still up and coming but the development is going strong and the area is rapidly improving.

..Just my 2 cents.

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to all who have dissed my area! j/k. If I had 220k to spend I probably would have moved some place different too (a nice loft or condo downtown), but I got a great deal at 100k wich was all I had to spend. Westmeade may also be a area you would like to look at.

Archived