Newport News Development

urbanfan

Has the Bottom's Up pizza opened in Newport News yet?

Not yet, but they are working on it inside of their unit...my brother just opened his college deli/bar in the same complex two weeks ago, called Schooners. They have done really well and have filled a void at CNU with providing an enivironment for both students and locals in the area with a college-type bar/ hangout. I am sure that when Bottoms Up opens in a few weeks it will do very well and compliment the other retail/restaraunts in the complex

Is this a regular rec center? What are they suppose to have there? Thanks for the pic dude. :thumbsup:

Here's some more information on it:

"James River Architects has been selected to provide architectural services for the new recreation center planned for the north end area of Newport News. The project will include a large gymnasium component consisting of three full-size gyms, an indoor track and several multipurpose rooms, some that will accommodate up to 500 people and some that are sized for dance or fitness classes. The natatorium will include an indoor pool of approximately 50 x 25 meters for use by seniors, schools and the general public. The pool will be used for lap swimming, water aerobics, swim classes and therapeutic recreation programs, as well as a water playground."

Edited by juancapitalcitydc

lol--here's the link to the project and a Mariner's Museum project. They are both cool!

http://www.jamesriverarchitects.com/port.html

If you could get those pix in the forum, that would be great Ruth!

Here's a better pic of the new rec center:

post-6256-1141078960_thumb.jpg

Thank you Lord! That's the one! As you can see, I am having a little trouble with the system. :(

If you could some how get the pix of the new Mariner's Museum extension, that would be great!

Anyhow, I like the design and I think it will be a great addition to the community. It will increase the local standard of living. I would utilize it, that's for sure! I wonder if it would be someting very affordable, something like what Va Beach offers it's people. Va beach has awesome rec centers just for living there! I think they are free, or very inexpensive. Any one have info on that?

Anyhow, I like the design and I think it will be a great addition to the community. It will increase the local standard of living. I would utilize it, that's for sure! I wonder if it would be someting very affordable, something like what Va Beach offers it's people. Va beach has awesome rec centers just for living there! I think they are free, or very inexpensive. Any one have info on that?

I forget the exact price but they're not free. While they're not expensive they're not as inexpensive as they used to be. I think they raised the price just last year to be exact.

monitormodel.jpg

monitor.jpg

Anything involving the Mariner's Museum has my attention. I can spend hours there. Many don't know this but Newport News is internationally recognized by many because of the Mariners Museum. It supposedly has the largest collection of figureheads. The miniature ships are a huge lure also. When I last dropped by, there were visitors from all over the place.

Can someone please tell me why every picture I try to post shows in thumbnail form? What am I doing wrong?

They will show up in thumbnail form if you're uploading directly from you're computer to the site. The only way to get them to show up regularly is to upload them to an image hosting site and the copy the picture url (which will be enclosed in image tags)and paste it over here.