Should the new WTC get a twin?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should the new WTC get a twin?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the pictures look cool, I have to wonder if they will have a hard time finding tenants for buildings that are effectively clones of buildings that were twice targeted for attack...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately true :( ... Also, the renderings look 1/2 cool, 1/2 chilling. We needn't find yet more ways to remind us of what happened. I want to see one extremely tall building or a complex of somewhat shorter towers. Either that or the whole site devoted to a memorial.

I remember an interview with some of the family members of 911 victims who said they do not think a big skyscraper should replace the WTC because it is more important that people feel safe at work than making a statement. The people in that interview said they would prefer a smaller complex.

I do love skyscrapers though....

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately true  :(  ... Also, the renderings look 1/2 cool, 1/2 chilling.  We needn't find yet more ways to remind us of what happened.  I want to see one extremely tall building or a complex of somewhat shorter towers.  Either that or the whole site devoted to a memorial.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, IMO, we do NEED a reminder of what happened, because obviously our resolve to win this war has already waned. We can't even be reminded on TV of the events because they won't show them now.

I really do like the twin towers. Building those would show that our determination, resolve, imagination, and courage are stronger than ever. And it is a cool design! :thumbsup:

Actually, IMO, we do NEED a reminder of what happened, because obviously our resolve to win this war has already waned. We can't even be reminded on TV of the events because they won't show them now.

I really do like the twin towers. Building those would show that our determination, resolve, imagination, and courage are stronger than ever. And it is a cool design!

I agree. I think that we should pay respect to the people that died by building the most incredible tower we can build, not by just building the things that they just died in. Personally, I wouldn't want to have to look at the thing that thousands of people died in. That's just my opinion, though.

I just kinda hate the idea of throwing up two almost-identical buildings to what were torn down.  In a way it'd be great to see it make up the skyline of the great city again, but in another way its not really paying any homage to those who died.  It's kind of like saying "OK, buildings fell down, throw them back up into the sky" without thinking of who was in it.  By building an unique, utterly mind-blowingly beautiful tower and complex it'll really set the tone.  Also, the twin towers that look soooo similar aren't exactly very imaginative since they're so close to what was there originally.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I see what you're saying. I do like the twin towers idea, but if an amazing, superb single tower were built, it would definitely "set the tone" of setting America apart and inspiring future generations. I would like that as well.

Archived