Tony Giarratana

GaTechGuy

Here's the link to an interesting article on Tony Giarratana. Near the end he references Signature Tower in a way that makes it sound like hes very set on building it....plus he seems to think its very feasible/reasonable. Also, the scale that he has in mind still seems to be around 55 stories.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../507030347/1003

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you consider the mixed use nature of the building, it's not unrealistic. A smallish office building of 250,000 sq feet, some condos, a hotel and some retail. We do that stuff everyday somewhere around here it seems. With downtown's resurgeance, it's doesn't seem too far-fetched to send it up on Church Street instead of out to Brentwood, Cool Springs or Hendersonville. Does it? I think Tony's gonna do this. And sooner rather than later.

Start date in the next few months people! I talked to my engineer friend at the Viridian and he said all the city wanted was for him to get Viridian out of the ground first! Church Street will be finished in December, not too far away, and since the courthouse is dead for now, this project makes sense to go ahead and start.

I hope so, I see it in the skyline everytime I approach downtown. Ah, what a visonary I am.

Give me a shovel, I'm going to start digging. The Viridian appears to be pouring the concrete for the 8th floor now, at ten the structure will go up fast; I'm told a floor per week. Suntrust is kicking up the dirt now. If Siggie starts sometime early next year, the skyline will indeed get some new juice. It'll look pretty thick down there since all these towers are on adjacent blocks.

Archived