A British Perspective

GaTechGuy

While wandering around online I stumbled across a British article about Nashville written a few weeks back. Its a very positive article and I found the international perspective kind of interesting. The writer talks about Nashville with a good familiarity that is kind of surprising. Country music certainly has propelled Nashville's name far in the world.

Anyway, here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jht.../ixtrvhome.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting that, GT. Sometimes it just takes an outsider to get it right. In a lifetime of posts, I couldn't have said it better or more convincingly that we live in a special place indeed.

The only two things I take issue with in the two articles I read:

The author said we have two universities. I think there's 18 including the colleges as well.

And, "Cheating Heart".... oh, the British, so precise.

Cheatin' Heart...lol

Now that's the the way to sing it. Thanks again GTG. It gave me goosebumps.

That's wonderful. I guess Nashville really is famous overseas.

I find this funny: A few months back, my mom ran into two British ladies visiting Nashville. She started talking to them and found out that they were visiting the country for two weeks and decided to go to two cities in order to get a general impression of what our country has to offer. You might think that they would visit New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, or San Francisco, but no, they decided to visit Nashville and, get this, Las Vegas. How weird!

That's wonderful. I guess Nashville really is famous overseas.

I find this funny: A few months back, my mom ran into two British ladies visiting Nashville. She started talking to them and found out that they were visiting the country for two weeks and decided to go to two cities in order to get a general impression of what our country has to offer. You might think that they would visit New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, or San Francisco, but no, they decided to visit Nashville and, get this, Las Vegas. How weird!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, thats really weird, nashville of all places when you come to america from overseas, they must like country music.

Archived