Moving To JAX?

frag24

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 minutes with good traffic, although the new I-295/9A interchange and Wonderwood Connector will aleviate a bit of that time.

The following map will give you an idea. I've circled Orange Park and higlighted the fastest route in green. Mapquest will be more precise.

jacksonville_map.gif

Basically it boils down to the huge influx of new students that the current schools cannot sustain the growth and 'impact fees' are placed upon new homes puchased to aleviate this 'impact' they will have upon the school system by creating new schools.

Same applies for other services too such as new roads.

Do you know any other way going to OLP aside from Blanding??? I was there a day ago and it was really nice however traffic in Blanding was bad....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These are out of the way, but traffic isn't nearly as bad as Blanding. Plus, you don't have to sit in traffic collecting on 295, which is rich with crashes on an almost daily basis. The C-D lanes should help some. You also bypass the mess that is named Argyle Forest as well as Youngerman Circle. These routes assume you are coming from downtown:

1. I-10 W to Chaffee Rd

Continue south on SR 23 many miles to OLP

2. I 10 W to I-295 S

A. Exit at Normandy (SR 228)

Proceed west to Chaffee Rd

Turn left (south) on Chaffee Rd to OLP

B. Exit west on Wilson Blvd

Turn left (south) on Old Middleburg

Turn right (west) on 103rd St (SR 134)

i. Turn left (south) on Old Middleburg

Turn right (west) on Argyle Forest

ii. Continue on 103rd St to Chaffee Rd (SR 23)

C. Exit west on 103rd St (SR 134)

i. Turn left (south) on Old Middleburg

Turn right (west) on Argyle Forest

ii. Continue on 103rd St to Chaffee Rd (SR 23)

When I don't want to be around many cars, I prefer I-10 to Chaffee. Wilson can back up for a while, but the wait isn't that bad. 103rd is the most congested (it is six lanes), but nothing like Blanding.

Depending on time of day:

Blanding & Kingsley to downtown: 25minutes -1 hour

Blanding & Kingsley to Airport: 45 minutes

Oakleaf to downtown (going Chafee to I-10): 25minutes - 1 hour

Blanding & Kingsley to I-295/St Augustine Rd: about 20 minutes outside of rush hour.

Avoid Blanding & Wells & I295 at rush hour, otherwise traffic is pretty easy sailing.

You'll hear quickly about just how bad Clay County traffic is, (usually by someone from the beaches or southside) yet I'd take Blanding & wells during rush hour over Southside Blvd & Beach & Atlantic any day.

You'll hear quickly about just how bad Clay County traffic is, (usually by someone from the beaches or southside) yet I'd take Blanding & wells during rush hour over Southside Blvd & Beach & Atlantic any day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, he was the one who stated traffic on Blanding was bad. I've lived in neighborhoods affected by most of the major roads (Southside, JTB, Atlantic, Beach, Kernan) and I prefer them over Blanding. At one point I would even have to travel Blanding to 220 daily during rush hour. The lights aren't well synchronized, crashes are frequent and the sheer number of vehicles on the road is overwhelming. Not just that, but I had to take 295 to exit on Blanding which is extremely dangerous. I've witnessed wrecks in my rear view mirror because of the backup on the highway. Plus, the lane widths on the other roads provide more wiggle room and there are less business access points compared to Blanding.

Do you know any other way going to OLP aside from Blanding??? I was there a day ago and it was really nice however traffic in Blanding was bad....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are travelling north on 295 from Mandarin - get off at US 17 - go north to collins. Take collins across blanding to rampart. take a left on rampart to Argyle Forest. Take a right on Argyle Forest then tgo down to OLP.

or if you are heading south on blanding, tak ea right on collins and follow the same path as above.

or take 295 to 103rd street. take 103rd west to brannon field then take left on brannan field to OLP.

Depends on a few factors. Experience, inbound/outbound, position level.

I've worked for AT&T, Convergys, Security & Surveillence. and PRC (British Airways). All were more than 6 years ago but the best pay was $10.50 per hour, no experience required, they train and it was all inbound.

Currently, they all pay better than $8.50-9.00 for starters.

Clay has a few sizable call centers build with another on the way I believe.

Archived