Sign in to follow this  
ironchapman

City Profile: Savannah

So, what do you guys think?

Did I post the wrong information on something? Did I miss something really good?

NOTE: I took none of the photos in the profile.

Edited by ironchapman

Looks good to me...

I only question the criteria used for Savannah Universities... I'm not familiar with all of the universities, but Georgia Southern University is not a Savannah University. Statesboro is at least an hour away...

Looks good to me...

I only question the criteria used for Savannah Universities...

Edited by ironchapman

PS: Anyone know where to find a few good photos of the city?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zigzag, a forumer on at least SSC and SSP has an extensive collection, nearly 3000 photos. I'm not sure about how he is about others posting his photos though. He tends to link, even in his own threads. But they're well worth a look, as they're quite excellent.

http://www.pbase.com/savannahga/

Zigzag, a forumer on at least SSC and SSP has an extensive collection, nearly 3000 photos.  I'm not sure about how he is about others posting his photos though.  He tends to link, even in his own threads.  But they're well worth a look, as they're quite excellent.

http://www.pbase.com/savannahga/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

zigzag = SavannahGA on this forum, and has posted pics from time to time :thumbsup:

Is it true that Savannah getting an new skyline anyone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. I think we have discussed the potential of a scond one developing on the island across the river though.

That was very interesting to read, thanks a lot for posting. I especially liked it because I know nothing about the city at all. I live in Michigan but I thought I would browse the George forum because I have family and friends down there.

Edited by ZachariahDaMan

Ah...my former city of residence. I do miss Savannah. Almost kick myself in the butt every day for moving back to Michigan.

Great city, I wish I had more pictures. I was too busy in school to take a lot of pictures. Oh well, maybe someone will post some so I can reminisce a bit.

Nitro

Nice job but I think you have the white and black population diversity mixed up. Savannah is majority black. If that is you are referring to the city limit population and not the metro. :D

Edited by sonofaque86

Ah...my former city of residence. I do miss Savannah. Almost kick myself in the butt every day for moving back to Michigan.

Great city, I wish I had more pictures. I was too busy in school to take a lot of pictures. Oh well, maybe someone will post some so I can reminisce a bit.

Nitro

This photographer has some great pictures of savannah.

http://www.pbase.com/savannahga/root

I would agree that Savannah should have its own forum. Ill post in there too. Ive done some projects for SEDA (Savannah Economic Development Authority) and SDRA (Sav Development Renewal Authority) and also did a city/MSA analysis for the Georgia Dept of Economic Development. Just letting people know Im interested in a Savannah forum too. Or perhaps a Costal Empire forum for Savannah Statesboro Hinesville Brunswick.

Edited by andremurra

We generally don't like to give entire regions subforums unless it is a metro area of sorts (like the NC Triad).

If we create any new subforums in the near future they would be for Savannah and/or Macon.

Yeah, I know. The article I got them from had a few other interesting universities (like USC-Beaufort) that I found and deleted. Thanks for the help, I'll delete it.

PS: Anyone know where to find a few good photos of the city?