Each member's degree, career

Ruso

Just out of curiosity

What is your career or college-university degree?

If your an architect:

I do not yet begin my high-school senior year, but am already worried about my college major. It is not that I do not want to study anything, but, instead, that I want to study a lot. Besides film production and cognitive psychology I would like to include architecture.....How do I do that???? :wacko::wacko::ph34r:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bachelor of Architecture, Intern Architect between jobs.

To study architecture in college, seek out the best university programs. To study it in high school, get into an architecture class (if one exists) and/or go talk to a practicing architect and find out more about his or her career.

I'm going for my Asc. in Computer Technologies and after than I plan on tranfering to get my B.S. in Computer Science.

I am currently doing work-study with NHCTC-Manchester, the school I go to presently as tech support. It gives me a little experience before I graduate.

• 5 months later...

BA in geog/urban & regional development studies, coursework in biz mgmt, urban planning, biz law, policy, GIS, and lots of other things.. as you can see I had a hard time picking *one* major :P i literally went through my school catalog and visited lots of departments then crossed off the list those that i knew i'd get bored with (process of elimination ;) i also worked a lot of different p/t jobs/internships while i was undergrad, to get experience and figure out what i did/didn't like.

when i was a kid i wanted to be an architect. started drawing plans and browsing AD when i was about 12. in college i was more drawn to urban planning b/c i felt that it deals more with the whole as opposed to the parts...

not sure *at all* what i'll do for grad school. law? urban planning? architecture? business? all of the above? :P

currently work in legal marketing.

i'd suggest you do a few internships/part-time jobs once you get into college. talk to ppl who are in careers you admire, or are curious about. bon courage!

Currently 1.5 years left on a double major B.A in German/History. I may come back to Europe to continue study or goto Grad School in the U.S, but I'd like to eventually broaden my horizons...

I may study linguistics, urban planning, or continue all the way through with my German/History. I'm not quite sure yet. As of right now, I work for my mother as a Personal Care Attendant because she is disabled and has a lot of trouble getting around.

Now, as I send my college applications, I am rather decided on studying film and cognitive sciences. My love for architecture will, hopefully, be covered by a minor in architectural studies. I see cognitve sciences as one of the coolest examples of combined, humanistic studies. It is amixture of psychology, linguistics, social sciences, neuroscience, philosophy and computer sciences. I find it perfect for me, given that I love to write and read(sometimes), philosophy, the human mind, science and computers! :yahoo: lol And film complements it as a chance to create. But who knows, maybe I end up studying business administration :sick:

:ph34r:

B.S.B.A (Computer and Information Sciences) - University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida

M.B.A. (Management Information Systems) back before they had an official M.S. in MIS - University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida

Was beginning pursuit of either a Ph.D. in Management (information systems track) or Masters of E-Commerce from Clemson University; however, those plans have been put on hold due to my pending relocation combined with the Clemson University College of Business and Behavioral Sciences' decision to re-evaluate their Graduate Programs. :wacko:

Occupation: Support Engineer / Manager for the world's second largest software company. :D

Archived