Each member's degree, career

Ruso

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my BA in Urban Planning and Geography a week ago.

No kidding? I started studying Urban Planning and Geography last september. I hope to get my BA in these subjects in 2008. Where did you go to college? I'm attending Utrecht University, the 6th best college in Europe (after cambridge, oxford, imperial college london, univ. college london, and swiss fed. institute of tech.). I wanted to go studying in the US, but that's too expensive for foreign students, even if you would be able to get a good scholarship :(

No kidding? I started studying Urban Planning and Geography last september. I hope to get my BA in these subjects in 2008. Where did you go to college? I'm attending Utrecht University, the 6th best college in Europe (after cambridge, oxford, imperial college london, univ. college london, and swiss fed. institute of tech.). I wanted to go studying in the US, but that's too expensive for foreign students, even if you would be able to get a good scholarship :(

I went to the State University of New York at Albany (SUNY Albany). It's pretty cheap, and we had a decent amount of international students. The Planning and Geography department is excellent there, mainly because it's relatively small so you get to know your professors. They have a great Graduate program in Regional Planning as well. The rest of the university is marginal at best, as is the city of Albany.

^Thanks! I'll check out their website. Our Planning and Geography department is huge. In this country of 16 million inhabitants, only 4 (!) universities teach Geography and Planning.

This year alone nearly 300 students joined. Our student association is the biggest geography students association in the world.

• 1 month later...

BA in American Public Affairs - Metropolitan Studies from Michigan State University. I know... it's a bizarre name for the degree... blame the James Madison College folks at MSU.

I'm currently a professional procrastinator in the insurance field... and an amateur writer. I'd like to be a professional writer, but I'd have to give up my procrastinating ways.

I have a B.S. in Community and Regional Planning from the University of Southern Mississippi. I am currently considering starting grad school in the fall for an M.S. in Landscape Ecology. I have been a practicing planner for 15 years.

I started in the private sector as an intern, moved from that into the development arena. After that I took a position as an Urban Conservationist with the local Soil and Water Conservation District which led to an appointment as Planning Director for Forrest County, Mississippi. About a year and a half ago I left the public sector for a position as a Senior Planner with an Environmental Consulting firm where the bulk of my client base is either state or local government although I do quite a bit of subdivision design and permitting.

• 5 months later...

BS in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology

career - manage a college IT helpdesk, started a support program for students here, i'm a mentor, an educator, and an advisor to my student workers... it's like a family. for me, it's incredibly rewarding.

i'm also working towards an MBA, but i'm debating getting an MS in Information Systems (or maybe dual degree).

Archived