Looking for a Davidson or Williamson Cty realtor

DannyBoy

Can anyone here recommend a good realtor in the Nashville area? My wife and I will be visiting relatives in Spring Hill for a couple of weeks in August, and since we are considering moving to TN next year we might try to get out to see some houses while we are there. The two main areas we would be looking at are Nashville (south of downtown) or anywhere reasonably close to I-65 south of the city (places like Franklin, Nolensville, Thompson's Station and Spring Hill.) I would like to get a job in Nashville (particularly in a skyscraper - I love skyscrapers, and I've noticed several others on this site feel the same way), so a short commute would be nice, but I'd be willing to commute from as far as Spring Hill if necessary if the circumstances were right. Any general thoughts on this topic are much appreciated.

Also, if anyone can comment on the general job market in Nashville that too would be appreciated. I would be looking for jobs in the financial industry (I have worked for 6 years at a mutual fund company in Philly and if possible I would like to stay in that field.)

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but basically my wife and I are just trying to escape the ridiculously high cost of living in NJ/PA, and even without doing much research it looks like wherever we decide to move in TN, we'll get a lot more house for the money, property taxes (and taxes in general) will be lower, and car insurance will be dirt cheap by comparison to what we are used to in NJ.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the area in advance. I'd recommend that you ask your relatives to pick up copies of some of the numerous real estate books. They can be found in racks all over town and feature homes in all areas. In each, you'll find sections sponsored by most of the large real estate firms (and not so large) in the area. Plus, you'll have pictures, prices, descriptions, and maps. Good luck in your search. I think you'll see a lot of things you'll like.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the area in advance. I'd recommend that you ask your relatives to pick up copies of some of the numerous real estate books. They can be found in racks all over town and feature homes in all areas. In each, you'll find sections sponsored by most of the large real estate firms (and not so large) in the area. Plus, you'll have pictures, prices, descriptions, and maps. Good luck in your search. I think you'll see a lot of things you'll like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about the city of La Vergne? I know that's in Rutherford County and that it borders Nashville...it seems like there are lots of affordable homes there. Can anyone tell me what they know about La Vergne???

I agree, Lavergne has never impressed me and there are a lot of cheaply built new homes there as well. Williamson county, overall can be very expensive, although there are some condos outside Franklin that are not too pricey. I live in Ashland city, about a mile outside Davidson county. Its only 20 min. into downtown. Some good homes here in the 130's too. Almost everyone I talk to think I live in the sticks but it's no farther than Belleview Franklin, or Smryna.

Good luck finding a home.

Archived