hkskyline

logo_lufthansa.gif

LH 4738

Frankfurt - London Heathrow

Departure : 1715

Expected Arrival : 1750

Actual Flight Time : about 1 hour

50jahre_quer148px.gif

Frankfurt's weather was pretty good that day. However, dark clouds moved in later in the day just as I boarded my flight for London.

RIMG0261.jpg

Taxing past the cargo area for takeoff :

RIMG0262.jpg

RIMG0263.jpg

RIMG0264.jpg

RIMG0265.jpg

Goodbye Frankfurt!

RIMG0266.jpg

RIMG0267.jpg

RIMG0268.jpg

Lufthansa's sandwiches are not bad. There is a lot of cheese and the ham was OK :

RIMG0269.jpg

RIMG0271.jpg

Views of the English Countryside

RIMG0272.jpg

RIMG0273.jpg

RIMG0274.jpg

RIMG0275.jpg

RIMG0276.jpg

RIMG0277.jpg

RIMG0278.jpg

One of my biggest disappointments was the flight approach to Heathrow. We didn't fly over central London from the east. Instead, I think we flew away from London and made a 180-degree turn to land from the west. I thought the flight path over central London was quite popular and I purposedly booked a window seat to take advantage of the view.

RIMG0279.jpg

RIMG0281.jpg

Terminal 5 U/C

RIMG0282.jpg

Hello London! Taxing to T1 :

RIMG0283.jpg

RIMG0286.jpg

RIMG0289.jpg

RIMG0290.jpg

RIMG0294.jpg

RIMG0292.jpg

RIMG0295.jpg

Overall Thoughts

Lufthansa's service is quite consistent. Sandwiches and drinks are standard for the intra-European flights, and the flight attendants are very courteous. I especially liked Frankfurt airport. Free newspapers are abundant throughout the Lufthansa gates. I helped myself to a number of English papers. There were a lot of German papers as well. Too bad there wasn't much entertainment on board. Although the flight was short, I wanted to see a map of the flight path and where we were.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived