Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marcelo

ONE HORRIBLE PROJECT!

You got the exchange rate backwards: it's 2.36 Real to 1 US Dollar.

That means that these condos will cost between $630,000 and $4.5mil. Still, that's pretty crazy.

Typical Latin American way of constructing. While these huge excessive palaces are built, there are people who live in boxes. Most of them live just beside these enourmous constructions. Marcelo, I am from Quito, Ecuador, and I have also witnessed this type of constructions. It is very sad.... :cry::ph34r:

Typical Latin American way of constructing. While these huge excessive palaces are built, there are people who live in boxes. Most of them live just beside these enourmous constructions. Marcelo, I am from Quito, Ecuador, and I have also witnessed this type of constructions. It is very sad.... :cry:

And actually, the design is not very attractive either, at least for me.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks more like a castle or fortress than any type of residential development. I don't think it looks bad aesthetically speaking, but it is obviously designed to be quite exclusionary and makes no attempt to fit in with its surroundings.

I see a unique architectural style in 'Favela'. I believe this is where Frank Gehry got his early inspiration. I shall propose a 'Favela' style project for Los Angeles.

This is just one example of a favela which is 500m from that building:

favelaemsopaulo5wb.jpg

saopaulofavela7bd.jpg

saopaulo0dk.jpg

:blink::cry: