Great Dallas Pics

tonytt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

wow - someone once told me Dallas was a bland boring city but now ive seen pics i see it looks worse than i thought!!!

is there ANY distinguishing natural feature there at all? most citys are built from towns that were begun because a river ran through (providing water) or something - i cant see any thing like that in the pics??

Dallas is built on the Trinity River Water shed. It has dozens of lakes, hundreds of creeks and the largest urban forest in the United States as a result of this. The city is actually very green and has a nice rolling landscape that is carved out by the creeks. Beautiful city at street level. Especially in Dallas proper. The problem is, in more suburban areas, when you build you must go 'scorched earth' on the landscape because of the black clay and topsoil. You take 9 of the ugliest pics of any city that don't reflect its character and of course you'd get a bad impression impression.

az26qx.jpg

az84uv.jpg

view%20good.jpg

creek%20view.jpg

Pview22.jpg

OLDLH27.jpg

royal22.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I drive down Mockingbird by White Rock Lake every morning on the way to work. Absolutely gorgeous view of downtown from that area, even better at night.

Dallas has as much tree density as any city I've seen, it really is an arboreal city. If there's a knock on it, it's the fact it is fairly flat though as stated it does have lots of water features - creeks, lakes, rivers, etc.

• 2 months later...

Archived