Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonytt

Birmingham Skyline pics

Here's two from my recent trip to San Antonio (I took them while I passed through the city):

005_2A.jpg

004_1A.jpg

They're not very good, but I took them from inside the charter bus my group was on.

The skyscrapers there are very unique. Either Huntsville or Birmingham is my favorite Alabama city.

Here's some more:

web_Birm_sky_sm.jpg

03Birmingham_overview_at_night.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this from the hospital in N B'ham? Just curious because it is definately a nice shot. :thumbsup:

A2

Is this from the hospital in N B'ham? Just curious because it is definately a nice shot. :thumbsup:

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which picture? The top one is a picture taken looking south towards downtown... the BJCC is in the foreground with the skyline in the background. The bottom photo is just a shot taken from Red. Mtn. looking north toward downtown.

Which picture?  The top one is a picture taken looking south towards downtown... the BJCC is in the foreground with the skyline in the background.  The bottom photo is just a shot taken from Red. Mtn. looking north toward downtown.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the top one. I know that the bottom one was from Red Mt. But the bottom one is interesting from its angle. I just figured the photo was taken from a parking deck, but last time I checked I don't think there was one there. I think maybe Caroway Hospital is where this shot might have been taken. It seems logical since the photo looks to have been taken from a few floors up.

A2

the top one. I know that the bottom one was from Red Mt. But the bottom one is interesting from its angle. I just figured the photo was taken from a parking deck, but last time I checked I don't think there was one there. I think maybe Caroway Hospital is where this shot might have been taken. It seems logical since the photo looks to have been taken from a few floors up.

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah... Carraway is further off to the east. This picture was taken from the Social Security Administration Building (12-story building north of the BJCC).

Nice pics guys, Bham does look good. About 10 years ago I had an apartment up on Red Mountain -- the view at night was spectacular. Bham really does have a great setting for a city.

Here's another unique angle:

ViewFromTower.gif

And from a good distance...

ttd-outdoors-ruffner.jpg

And another... I must admit, I had never seen this shot of Birmingham before. Looks like Air Force One taking off or something :lol:

trans-plane.jpg

I'll admit... I was surprised to learn Birmingham has such a large metro. It handles itself very nicely under those conditions in my opinion.

Those skyline pictures are very nice. Birmingham is a very impressive city.

Great Pictures everyone!

Birmingham really is a beautiful city, its my favorite city in Alabama.