Birmingham Skyline pics

tonytt

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What building is this? I don't recall having seen it before.

That's the IMAX dome theater at the McWane Center (Science Museum). That photo was posted here from the Leer Corporation's website about their proposal for the Cabana Building. Not sure where they stole it from, but it's obvious they got all their promotional photos off the internet. For a while they were showing off images of Birmingham, England to entice prospective condo-buyers.

That's the IMAX dome theater at the McWane Center (Science Museum). That photo was posted here from the Leer Corporation's website about their proposal for the Cabana Building. Not sure where they stole it from, but it's obvious they got all their promotional photos off the internet. For a while they were showing off images of Birmingham, England to entice prospective condo-buyers.

DOH! Good lord I should have known that, I've only been there 15 times. I think I need my prescriptions bumped up.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone have any Birmingham skyline pictures? Obviously, the more of the skyline included, the better. Also, the more unique the perspective, the better. And I want to stress that I'm looking for photos YOU took. I'll PM you to explain why.

give me a week or so - i'm heading that way to swap cameras with a family member who has a better model than mine (still point & shoot, though; not SLR-quality). i plan to try to find some good vantages. i tried the upper balcony of the terrace apartments the last time i was there, but without a telephoto, the skyline looks distant and small.

meanwhile, got any good suggestions on good vantages?

and you might want to hit up the skyscraper fan pages - i ran across an amazing set of panoramic pics taken from the top of the cabana (i think) that a user had posted. didn't bookmark, unfortunately.

. . . . . .

*edit* - here's a new blog offshoot that seems to be hungry for some contributors / bham enthusiasts - coincidence?

http://bhamterminal.com/

Interesting... not my site, nor do I know whose it belongs to. Thanks for posting it though.

The reason I'm wondering is because I'd like us to have a new photo for the Birmingham wikipedia page. The old one is just fine, but it's been there for a while and I don't think it shows off the skyline as well as it could from other angles and/or different times of day.

Interesting... not my site, nor do I know whose it belongs to. Thanks for posting it though.

The reason I'm wondering is because I'd like us to have a new photo for the Birmingham wikipedia page. The old one is just fine, but it's been there for a while and I don't think it shows off the skyline as well as it could from other angles and/or different times of day.

Anyone have any Birmingham skyline pictures? Obviously, the more of the skyline included, the better. Also, the more unique the perspective, the better. And I want to stress that I'm looking for photos YOU took. I'll PM you to explain why.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived