UP PVD Forum Meet

Cotuit

Thursday July 21st, 6pm, Joe's American at the Mall...  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Thursday July 21st, 6pm, Joe's American at the Mall...

• I'll be there!
    • I can't make that night, but don't let that stop everyone else
    • Thursday is never good for me :(
    • I'm shy, tell me how it goes, maybe I'll be at the second meeting

Thursday July 21st, 6pm, Joe's American at the Providence Place Mall... Well, are ya coming?

I unpinned the other meeting thread, you can find it here.

Directions to Providence Place for any out-of-towners interested in attending.

We will start meeting at Joe's American at 5:30pm for anyone who can make it that early.

Reservation for 10 people under "UrbanPlanet" has been made for tomorrow, 07/21 at 5:30pm. Joe's American Bar & Grill, Providence Place Mall.

See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, we have 6 for Joe's at the mall on Thursday.

Is 6pm good for eveyone, I actually get out of work at 4:30 so I can be there earlier, I chose 6:00 for people who get out later, but if everyone wants to meet earlier than 6:00pm we can.

ezcheese may be coming down from Boston as well.

We have 3 who can't do Thursday's so we'll have to plan the next meeting for a non-Thursday. And we'll let the shy people know how it goes, so hopefully they'll come next time. ;)

OK, we have 6 for Joe's at the mall on Thursday.

Is 6pm good for eveyone, I actually get out of work at 4:30 so I can be there earlier, I chose 6:00 for people who get out later, but if everyone wants to meet earlier than 6:00pm we can.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So should we walk in and say I'm here for the party of 8?

I get outta work at 430 too so I can head down as early as then.

So should we walk in and say I'm here for the party of 8? 

I get outta work at 430 too so I can head down as early as then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it's 7, I edited the poll when you said you decided you could make it.

Let's make it 5:30, and people who can't be there until 6pm, can come at 6pm.

Actually, it's 7, I edited the poll when you said you decided you could make it.

Let's make it 5:30, and people who can't be there until 6pm, can come at 6pm.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er, so what table/party of/ do we ask for when entering? How 'bout the UP table?

By the way, are we meeting for drink or drinks/dinner? Personally speaking, I've never eaten at Joe's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've eaten there, it's typical American chain restaurant fare, a step above Friday's or that like.

People can do what they want as far as dinner or not.

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it....going to the Paw Sox game tonight. But I want to hear how it goes, and I think we should try to have another meet soon. I already have some ideas of where to do it, the type of places that people in this forum would appreciate (restored historic buildings, "local" bars, etc. Or maybe one of the new Downcity places....

Have fun.....

Everyone's still coming right?

I'm picturing myself alone at a table for 10 and all the passersby pointing and laughing at the geek with no friends.  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be stopping down there, actually I'm about to leave work right now

I'll be stopping down there, actually I'm about to leave work right now

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too, I'll be there at 5:30. If you get there before me I've made a reservation for UrbanPlanet to sit outside.

But I want to hear how it goes, and I think we should try to have another meet soon.  I already have some ideas of where to do it, the type of places that people in this forum would appreciate (restored historic buildings, "local" bars, etc. Or maybe one of the new Downcity places....

Have fun.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mikepl offered up the roofdeck at Peerless, we may have to take him up on that later (maybe we can invite Buff). Herb Weiss at the Pawtucket Planning Department offered to due a tour of the cities projects a while back. If all goes well tonight and we have interest later, I'll ask him about it again.

A bar meeting would be OK, but we do have several under-21 members.

mikepl offered up the roofdeck at Peerless, we may have to take him up on that later (maybe we can invite Buff). Herb Weiss at the Pawtucket Planning Department offered to due a tour of the cities projects a while back. If all goes well tonight and we have interest later, I'll ask him about it again.

A bar meeting would be OK, but we do have several under-21 members.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice, that all sounds really good. Forgot about the under 21 thing, my bad.

Have fun tonight..

Archived