Forum Meet in Providence

Cotuit

We are trying to plan a forum meet in Providence on July 21st. Anyone is welcome to attend (not just the Providence people), see the details here.

If there's enough interest in this meeting, and people from outside Providence would like to attend a meeting on the weekend, we'll see about planning one.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's the status on this particular date as a meeting time? i have been reading the forum meet thread in the providence section, but it looks like some people were going to meet up early.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some people tried to meet at Waterfire, but it was so crowded, I don't think anyone did. We're still on for the 21st, there's 5 people who said they would attend, and about 6 who said they couldn't for various reasons. I'll post something official at the end of the week.

Some people tried to meet at Waterfire, but it was so crowded, I don't think anyone did. We're still on for the 21st, there's 5 people who said they would attend, and about 6 who said they couldn't for various reasons. I'll post something official at the end of the week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I voted as "I cant make it that night", but now I think I can, I'd just have toleave by 7.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, cool.

so, for an out-of-towner, how do i get to providence place mall coming from I-95 and how is the parking situation there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a map of how to get there from 95. The map shows directions straight into the parking garage. Parking is a dollar for up to three hours. Here's the parking page. We're going to meet starting at 5:30 at Joe's American outside. I'm going to make a reservation for UrbanPlanet. The restaurant is on the Francis Street side of the mall and the entrance is from the street.

If you want to take the T, the mall is a block from the Providence train station.

• 6 months later...

Archived