First Charlotte satellite city to get a skyline

Which of these is more likely to develop a skyline first?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is more likely to develop a skyline first?

• Concord
    • Gastonia
    • Hickory
    • Lancaster
    • Monroe
    • Rock Hill
    • Salisbury
    • Statesville
    • Other

I would just like to add that if it weren't for the trees a lot of these midrise buildings would be seen and the Charlotte area would feel a lot bigger. Then you could see the various "commercial nodes" that are all around. Here out west where there is no canopy you can see the nodes and it gives a bigger feel from the highway and areas of higher elevations. So a midrise of 6 to 8 stories would stick out give the feeling of a mini skyline. I say all of this to say I think the "skyline" you talk about exist but not with tall towers. However we are very envious of the greenery that Charlotte has and I for one miss those pine trees.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Legacy Village plan has been updated a bit. I'm actually suprised to see them build a building with street-retail FACING a major road like this. Looks to be some good density and moderate height as well as sticking with Mooresville's plan to build a "downtown" Mt. Mourne.

LV-bldg3.jpg

LVbldg4.jpg

masterplan.jpg

The line labeled "light rail" is the North Commuter Line, correct? What a great development directly on the line, I could see myself jumping on a train to visit up here.

The development seems to have a decent grid and looks to not be overwhelmed with surface parking, for a change. Any idea if Pinnacle owns the land on the other side of the rail or what the status is of it? I've envisioned rail going through a development where the rail is actually in the center, making it closer to get to and really center it as having a mass transit/pedestrian orientation.

Well it's the north line but that all depends on whether Mooresville/Iredell agrees to funding the extension. However, I believe Pinnacle is leaving the spot available in case they do plan on extending it. The other side of the line is owned by a church currently.

Archived