35-40 story office building proposed for norfolk

brucewayne

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I be that Okinawas friend told the pilot this! Its funny that just recently he asked him about this and you wake up and its on hamptonroads.com. I still think its a possiblity. Don't let them fool you. Wait till dt starts to become a 24-7 dt and lets see if it comes about again. It could be built by scope for all we know. They use to say dt Norfolk would never be what it is today so I don't buy that crap about it won't come! The more buisness that comes like Trader, I think it is making it a very desirable place now.

When I saw the headline on the lower section of the front page of the Pilot, I quickly pulled out the business section. Even though nothing is "concrete" about a new tower in DT Norfolk, at least UrbanPlanet got some exposure. Kudos to the Pilot for this. :thumbsup:

You know what I be that Okinawas friend told the pilot this! Its funny that just recently he asked him about this and you wake up and its on hamptonroads.com. I still think its a possiblity. Don't let them fool you. Wait till dt starts to become a 24-7 dt and lets see if it comes about again. It could be built by scope for all we know. They use to say dt Norfolk would never be what it is today so I don't buy that crap about it won't come! The more buisness that comes like Trader, I think it is making it a very desirable place now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a strong feeling that the original author of this thread was a reporter.

20 users are now browsing our forum and it's 9:25 in the Morning.  :rofl:

This is hilarious. So what did we learn from the article?

1. A new office tower has been considered

2. 35-40 stories is probably not likely, as i suspected, but at least it has been considered.

3. Such a project, if developed, would probably be at least 3 years off.

3. There are a lot of business leaders who are even more bullish on Norfolk than the city

is, which i find highly impressive.

4. We already have a single digit vacancy rate.  :o

5. The future for downtown is looking pretty bright for the forseeable future  :thumbsup: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

V...why not likely in #2?

Rus, im with you! I BELIEVE!!! :w00t:

I have a strong feeling that the original author of this thread was a reporter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The article in the Pilot was written by BATTINTO BATTS.

The User who started this thread used the name brucewayne

Bruce Wayne? Batts?

Ya.... doesn't sound like a stretch to me:P

The article in the Pilot was written by BATTINTO BATTS.

The User who started this thread used the name brucewayne

Bruce Wayne?  Batts?

Ya.... doesn't sound like a stretch to me:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think you are right on the money with that one. Hopefully this guy comes back and maybe he can act as a liason from us to the pilot and vise versa. He may find we can provide wonderful information for him to write on.

I'm really not liking you all you all have these really great towers coming along when all that Richmond is getting constructed is one 10 story one 12 story and one 18 story why can't richmond do any better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Hampton Roads area is well overdue for some serious skyscrapers. Besides Richmond has a great a skyline.

I'm really not liking you all you all have these really great towers coming along when all that Richmond is getting constructed is one 10 story one 12 story and one 18 story why can't richmond do any better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They can and they will. I get the impression that Richmond is more focused on infill and lowrise urban development now than they are skyscrapers. I think in time that will change but Richmond already had it's major highrise boom years ago, Norfolk has been behind the curve and is just now playing catch up. It'll all balance out in a few years.

The only thing i hate about our Skyline is that all of the skyscrapers are mostly from the 60's 70's and 80's Theres not enough 90's and 00's. Thats why I hate the Richmond Skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can see what you're saying about the architecture but we have our fair share of 70's/80's architecture as well. Other than that i've always been extremely impressed with richmonds skyline. That view coming in from 95N is astounding.

I'd take Richmond's skyline over Norfolk's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't be talking bad about our skyline now! :angry: Richmonds is smaller and we should have a bigger skyline. Back in the day Norfolk did more tearing down than building up. Richmond gets most of the state money so I don't know what the complaint is about?

Don't be talking bad about our skyline now! :angry: Richmonds is smaller and we should have a bigger skyline. Back in the day Norfolk did more tearing down than building up. Richmond gets most of the state money so I don't know what the complaint is about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I just like Richmond's skyline over Norfolk's... that might change in a few years as Norfolk begins to add buildings.

Archived