35-40 story office building proposed for norfolk

brucewayne

Here's a fantasy shot at the proposed 35-40 floor building including other proposed projects.

Norfolk2.JPG

Just incase you haven't already seen it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#1 - Where did you get that pic?(Just incase you haven't already seen it.)i never saw it! thats very nice looking!

#2 - what are all those buildings? theres a few that i could not seem to place.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 - Where did you get that pic?(Just incase you haven't already seen it.)i never saw it!  thats very nice looking!

#2 - what are all those buildings? theres a few that i could not seem to place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are from the Norfolk/Portsmouth skyline thread (which i seem to have misplaced :rofl: ). Can anyone help me find it? :lol:

They are from the Norfolk/Portsmouth skyline thread (which i seem to have misplaced  :rofl: ). Can anyone help me find it?  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, found it. skyline pic.

Here is the thread that with the orginal pic. Scroll through all the post below and you should be able to find out what everything is.

Alrighty, my friend at Norfolk planning already responded. I asked him about potential development on the Snyder lot and I let him know about the rumor for a 30-40 story building on that lot. He responded:

"No talk about development of the Snyder lot has reached me but it's a

phenomenal CBD development site, although that height/size would be a

challenge to provide sufficient parking, etc."

So it is good and bad. He basically spells out that it will be developed into something special, but I guess it is not very likely to be 40 stories tall.

Alrighty, my friend at Norfolk planning already responded. I asked him about potential development on the Snyder lot and I let him know about the rumor for a 30-40 story building on that lot. He responded:

So it is good and bad. He basically spells out that it will be developed into something special, but I guess it is not very likely to be 40 stories tall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find it telling that his only stipulation was providing parking for such a structure. Just build it on top of a garage like we do everything else in this city. As i said before, i don't think 30 is out of the question. I see us hitting 40 only if built on top of a garage and with a condo component (though i think a 40 story "condo" tower is would not be out of the question).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It sounds more like he just doesn't know. I wouldn't say it's likely or unlikely to happen but just unknown at this point.

It sounds more like he just doesn't know.  I wouldn't say it's likely or unlikely to happen but just unknown at this point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know okinawas source though and he's pretty high up. I would say it is far more likely that he knows but won't say before i'd say he doesn't know period.

To me it sounds like he has no idea or is not suppose to tell anyone anything. Norfolk is hiding alot of its development and is letting it out in a slow process. Maybe this is because of Vabeach. Why is parking a problem when they could possibly build a parking garage across the street when the new city hall gets built.

To me it sounds like he has no idea or is not suppose to tell anyone anything. Norfolk is hiding alot of its development and is letting it out in a slow process. Maybe this is because of Vabeach. Why is parking a problem when they could possibly build a parking garage across the street when the new city hall gets built.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shhh. Don't tell VB. Meyera will steal the beams at night from the Norfolk tower and start building her own 40-story building in TC.

that Snyder lot has so much potential.  It would be seen from every direction.  I would love to see something like the USBank building, here in Portland, on that site.  That would truly kick ass for the city's skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, I don't take my friend's use of the word "phenomenal" lightly. I truly hope they have something awesome planned for the site.

Yup, I don't take my friend's use of the word "phenomenal" lightly. I truly hope they have something awesome planned for the site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a feeling they do have something tremendous planned and they are keeping it secret. I don't think they would have to keep as secret as they do if they weren't competing with Virginia Beach, Portsmouth and Newport News. I think alot of things that we have no idea is in the planning and they are keeping a tight lid on it for the above reason.

I have a feeling they do have something tremendous planned and they are keeping it secret. I don't think they would have to keep as secret as they do if they weren't competing with Virginia Beach, Portsmouth and Newport News. I think alot of things that we have no idea is in the planning and they are keeping a tight lid on it for the above reason.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Norfolk has been keeping things from the public and doing behind closed doors meetings for decades. At least now when they do it, it about something positive and not corrupt (maybe :blink: )

WoW!! hey guys, looks like we are creating quite a stir over here at urbanplanet. They even put a link to this site in the paper!!!  :o Take a look at today's paper!! article

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh good lord! Time to add another server I guess :lol: . We're only gonna get about a billion new users from this one. So the one who originally posted the request for more details must be a reporter. At either rate thanks for the plug in the paper, it's appreciated. To all members of city government who have been lurking, maybe it's time to sign up. There are several in our little community here that would love to hear what you have to say and your input would be greatly valued. :)

WoW!! hey guys, looks like we are creating quite a stir over here at urbanplanet. They even put a link to this site in the paper!!!  :o Take a look at today's paper!! article

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just read it. i could not wait to get to work so i could check the boards. we can prop expect a bunch of people signing up soon.

as for the artice...it was ok. some points were good, some bad.

i guess we'll have to wait and see. :thumbsup:

20 users are now browsing our forum and it's 9:25 in the Morning. :rofl:

This is hilarious. So what did we learn from the article?

1. A new office tower has been considered

2. 35-40 stories is probably not likely, as i suspected, but at least it has been considered.

3. Such a project, if developed, would probably be at least 3 years off.

3. There are a lot of business leaders who are even more bullish on Norfolk than the city

is, which i find highly impressive.

4. We already have a single digit vacancy rate. :o

5. The future for downtown is looking pretty bright for the forseeable future :thumbsup: .

20 users are now browsing our forum and it's 9:25 in the Morning.  :rofl:

This is hilarious. So what did we learn from the article?

1. A new office tower has been considered

2. 35-40 stories is probably not likely, as i suspected, but at least it has been considered.

3. Such a project, if developed, would probably be at least 3 years off.

3. There are a lot of business leaders who are even more bullish on Norfolk than the city

is, which i find highly impressive.

4. We already have a single digit vacancy rate.  :o

5. The future for downtown is looking pretty bright for the forseeable future  :thumbsup: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Vdogg, congrats my friend on your hard work and I am sure that now some more high profiled people will be checking us out and will see the excitement and interest that we have here in this room!

Also, they will find that there are some truly unique people here who could eventually become part of their staff someday. Perhaps you will benefit from your hard work directly.

Finally, thanks goes out to everyone here for their dedication to our region and a hearty welcome aboard to all new members who are now just finding us! This is a very proud day for all of us to have finally been discovered and this is probably just the tip of the iceberg. Perhaps the mayor will pay us a visit someday because I am sure that he has caught wind of us now since the pilot has put the website before the regional audience. Thanks again V- my dogg! :lol:

Archived