35-40 story office building proposed for norfolk

brucewayne

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Any new news on this proposal? I wish we could here something on this. Maybe we could email a reporter and see if they have heard anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw someone posted on this thread and just about had a heart attack! Good question as well... I've been wondering on and off for a while... ... ... ... ...

Who is that? :huh:  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Pilot reporter who wrote an article on downtown development and cited rumors on this message board in that piece. He signed up as brucewayne (since friends call him Batman after his last name) to question us further about our knowledge of a 40-story building since the city development department was being vague in their answers.

The Pilot reporter who wrote an article on downtown development and cited rumors on this message board in that piece.  He signed up as brucewayne (since friends call him Batman after his last name) to question us further about our knowledge of a 40-story building since the city development department was being vague in their answers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow I didn't know that! :huh::blink:

• 1 month later...

I think a great location to put a new signature office tower would be at Commerical Place. With placing a new tower there, three things would be accomplished.

1. It would remove that ugly @ss parking garage.

2. It would decrease the available parking spaces in downtown, thus become more favorable for the Feds to approve funding for Light Rail.

3. It would add needed Class A office space.

Of course, they could always entice Bank of America to consolidate their offices into the one new tower. In turn, leaving the old tower ripe for redevelopment.

Of course, they could always entice Bank of America to consolidate their offices into the one new tower. In turn, leaving the old tower ripe for redevelopment.

I like that idea. I think the old tower is in need of some redevelopment myself. It's not bad but could use a bit of sprucing up. Anyone know when that tower was built?

I like that idea. I think the old tower is in need of some redevelopment myself. It's not bad but could use a bit of sprucing up. Anyone know when that tower was built?

The Bank of America building was built in 1968.

Two Commerical Place in 1976.

500 E. Main St. (BB&T) in 1972.

If you ever wondered why there is a pedestrian bridge from the BOA Tower to Two Commercial Place, now you know.

BOA has office space in both building.

If the BOA Tower stays, then at least have the prime real estate between the existing tower and Waterside Drive developed. Parks are nice in urban settings, not open fields! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived