What are they building?

cosmoboy

I know several of you guys probably know about this so let me ask you this. At the block bounded by Alexander St. and Peachtree St. there is a huge construction site with rebar and concrete walls being put up. The location is accross from the Hyatt, next to the Best Western, and near the Days Inn. I haven't been able to find any info on this project.

Post Em!

:)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know several of you guys probably know about this so let me ask you this. At the block bounded by Alexander St. and Peachtree St. there is a huge construction site with rebar and concrete walls being put up. The location is accross from the Hyatt, next to the Best Western, and near the Days Inn. I haven't been able to find any info on this project.

Post Em!

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe youre talking about this.......

John C. Portman principals and in AmericasMart-Atlanta move forward with a 1.5-million addition to their 6.2-million-sf, 58-year-old international trade emporium at 240 Peachtree St. Downtown. The wholesale trade center is already one of the largest in the world, attracting merchants from 80 countries.

If it's Alexander St - that would be too far south Martinman...

But I think you are thinking of West Peachtree, cosmoboy - in that case, there is a variety of buildings going up there. Allen Plaza is covering three blocks - two buildings under construction with one nearing. Also, the Peachtree Portal site at Civic Center station will be the site of a massive condo development.

Alexander street is actually a little North of the Mart, not south. Anything under coinstruction DT could be one of only a couple of things...

1) Americas Mart expansion

2) Allen Plaza

3) Sun Trust Plaza Phase III (this mkay be it if it's across from the Hyatt)

4) World of Coke

I think that is a complete list of currently under construction DT.

Actually, it's right across from the Sun Trust center. Yeah, I know I should have been a little bit more specific on my address. But, how I saw the site is when I went up the elevators in the Westin. So really it is directly north about 2 or 3 blocks from the Westin. And, this I know for sure, it is on the west side of Peachtree St. It is about a block north of the Southern Company building. Here is a website that shows the location. The site

Ryan - just to clarify, I told Martin his location was too far south.

Otherwise - if it truly is at the corner of Alexander & Peachtree, where the Medical Building, a church, Mayor's Park (by the freeway) & an apartment building is - then I would guess it would be the Sun Trust expansion.

I had no idea they were starting anything though. Too bad I don't work at Peachtree Center anymore though - I could have checked that out...

But on the other hand - if it is a block north of the new Southern Company building it would be the Peachtree Portal site where a large condo project is underway. But again - this is at West Peachtree & Alexander, not Peachtree. But from your perspective it may have looked like Peachtree b/c the street bends sharply & at one point West Peachtree used to yield directly into Peachtree.

Archived