Oklahoma City Projects List

ironchapman

the 281,000 sq ft, 240 penn park which is being built on i-240 have signed tenants ross dress for less, marshalls, old navy, lane bryant, michaels, pets mart, pier 1 imports, mardel, famous footwear, payless shoes, sally beauty, cingular and fuddruckers.

Edited by fromdust

tanenbaum, who converted the classen and the montgomery into apartments and condos, has bought the 17 story park harvey center in dt okc. the tenants are to leave the building by nov. 30. it seems he will convert this building into apts, as suggested by the letter that states that the tenants leases had been terminated "park harvey apartments" is the letter head.

56.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this is really about norman, which is just a suburb of okc. san jose, cal based software development technologies will open an office that could eventually employ 200 people with average salaries of 45k. sdt said it will draw talent from nearby ou graduates and students."We evaluated a dozen U.S. urban areas and chose Norman for its high availability of technically trained people, central location and ease of doing business," this from kit who founded the tech company in 1992.

the historic 13 story skirvin which was built in 1910 and stood vacant for 16 years will open in the fall of 06. marcus hotels and resorts of milwaukee have signed a 99 yr. lease on the property thursday.

The first floor includes Art Deco tile work, inlaid wood ceilings and mahogany paneling topped by carved gargoyles. Ornamental plaster ceilings and ballrooms will be restored on the top floor. The other floors will be gutted and modernized. In addition to regular hotel rooms, there will be two-bedroom, two-bath suites and one-bedroom suites.

there will also be a 3 room presidential suite on the 12th floor with a plasma tv in the sitting area and a flat screen instaled in the mirror of the bathroom.

a grand and beautiful hotel is about to be reborn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a rendering of the new Bricktown Hampton Inn. It will have 10 stories and be the tallest building in the Bricktown District. It's been rumored for a while and I'm pleased with the design. We've had some problems with the newer development in Bricktown (mainly Lower Bricktown) looking more suburban than urban, but this design looks good.

n10hotel.jpg

Here is a rendering of the new Bricktown Hampton Inn. It will have 10 stories and be the tallest building in the Bricktown District. It's been rumored for a while and I'm pleased with the design. We've had some problems with the newer development in Bricktown (mainly Lower Bricktown) looking more suburban than urban, but this design looks good.

n10hotel.jpg

Do you know how many rooms it is going to be?

Oklahoma City's Amtrak station (the historic Santa Fe Depot) is privately owned, and for several years has gone untouched. It was upgraded some when Amtrak came back, but some portions of the building still looked pretty bad. But now it has been announced the depot's freight docks will be converted to shops. I can't find a picture but for those of you unfamiliar with the building, its south side has six docks that will basically be converted into storefronts. This will be a unique place for shops and I really like the idea. It is just outside of Bricktown and has prime street frontage and lots of foot traffic, especially at night. The only thing I don't like is that the first tenant will be Cingular Wireless (<_<). Oh well.

Here's the story:

www.newsok.com

Oklahoma City's Amtrak station (the historic Santa Fe Depot) is privately owned, and for several years has gone untouched. It was upgraded some when Amtrak came back, but some portions of the building still looked pretty bad. But now it has been announced the depot's freight docks will be converted to shops. I can't find a picture but for those of you unfamiliar with the building, its south side has six docks that will basically be converted into storefronts. This will be a unique place for shops and I really like the idea. It is just outside of Bricktown and has prime street frontage and lots of foot traffic, especially at night. The only thing I don't like is that the first tenant will be Cingular Wireless (<_<). Oh well.

Here's the story:

www.newsok.com

Sounds like a Starbucks would work well in there.

Here's the story:

www.newsok.com

that is great news.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like OKC is becoming quite a city. I am interested to hear what is being built there

Post any comments or updates on what's being built, renovated, etc. in the city here.

Hi everyone, I just registered on this site. I've lived in NYC since '89, but I grew up in OKC, and my family has roots there. I go back to OKC about two times a year to visit friends and family and I take an active interest in the city's projects.

I understand that the Tanenbaum Group has purchased the Classen Tower building and is planning on renovating into condominiums. Bravo. But, question: Does anyone know what design firm is going to be handling the interior renovations? I hope those illustrations posted on the other thread are not a vision of things to come....they look totally wrong for this landmark 1958 building, with its Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired design and sleek modernism....Does anyone agree? I hope the designers are wise and educated enough to use the prevailing design motifs of the late '50s as the basis for the renovation, rather than filling the interiors with...words escape me, see the pictures....this crappy, out-of-context, faux-historical, fanciful furniture, novelty lighting fixtures, etc., more suited to a gated-community McMansion living room than this design landmark building. That would be a fate worse than demolition....

Hi everyone, I just registered on this site. I've lived in NYC since '89, but I grew up in OKC, and my family has roots there. I go back to OKC about two times a year to visit friends and family and I take an active interest in the city's projects.

I understand that the Tanenbaum Group has purchased the Classen Tower building and is planning on renovating into condominiums. Bravo. But, question: Does anyone know what design firm is going to be handling the interior renovations? I hope those illustrations posted on the other thread are not a vision of things to come....they look totally wrong for this landmark 1958 building, with its Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired design and sleek modernism....Does anyone agree? I hope the designers are wise and educated enough to use the prevailing design motifs of the late '50s as the basis for the renovation, rather than filling the interiors with...words escape me, see the pictures....this crappy, out-of-context, faux-historical, fanciful furniture, novelty lighting fixtures, etc., more suited to a gated-community McMansion living room than this design landmark building. That would be a fate worse than demolition....

yeah it doesnt look like the best interior designs, but i am betting the real thing looks so much better.i searched but couldnt find who handles the interior, unless it is merriman associates.

here is the pricing. they range from about $178,300 to penthouses that are $485,000.

views from the classen. saweeet.

12-05ouhsc.jpg

12-05ocu.jpg

12-05downtown.jpg

12-05classennorth.jpg

12-05capitol.jpg