NYC will not get the 2012 Olympics

monsoon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which ones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well not ruined, but Montreal is still paying for the ones they hosted in '76.

If anyone doesn't know already, London will host the 2012 Olympics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess Jacques Chirac shouldn't have made that food comment regarding the Finns. :lol:

I agree.  As a side note, most NYers don't want or need the hassle of an Olympics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to live in Flushing, even before it became the fall back location for the failed West Side Stadium, people in Flushing and Corona were not looking forward to the Olympics. It would have disrupted Flushing Meadows Park for years ahead of the games.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else agree that perhaps the Olympics should pick 3 cities to host the games? Very few cities in the world are large enough or rich enough to host the entire games. With technology the way it is today you could have different events in different cities.

I live in Minneapolis and I think we would be a great winter Olympic host, but we can't do it alone because we have no mountains and frankly would not have enough hotel space to host the entire event.

Archived