Pearl St. Loft condos

sharky10

I would be interested to know anyone's opinion on the Pearl St. project. The condos seem to be selling pretty well but I am not convinced about the area. Its not that far from Downcity I suppose but at night it would not exactly be the safest walk. Is this an example of buying in an area that is up and coming? Are there more projects planned that will result in a nice expansion from Downcity that will make this a great location? I think they are doing a nice job with the construction but they are pricey and in this market it seems a bit risky. Any thoughts from those you better versed on the pluses and minuses of these various projects in Providence?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be interested to know anyone's opinion on the Pearl St. project.  The condos seem to be selling pretty well but I am not convinced about the area.  Its not that far from Downcity I suppose but at night it would not exactly be the safest walk.  Is this an example of buying in an area that is up and coming?    Are there more projects planned that will result in a nice expansion from Downcity that will make this a great location?  I think they are doing a nice job with the construction but they are pricey and in this market it seems a bit risky.  Any thoughts from those you better versed on the pluses and minuses of these various projects in Providence?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The building looks neat, and they are priced pretty well, but Im not so sure that the immediate area is going to improve much anytime soon. Most of the improvement in the west end is happening on Broadway and Westminster with it moving out towards Olneyville and Valley. Personally I wouldnt have an issue living in the Pearl Street building, but I dont expect the street to change much in the near future. With any luck, I'm very wrong on this.

The building looks neat, and they are priced pretty well, but Im not so sure that the immediate area is going to improve much anytime soon. Most of the improvement in the west end is happening on Broadway and Westminster with it moving out towards Olneyville and Valley. Personally I wouldnt have an issue living in the Pearl Street building, but I dont expect the street to change much in the near future. With any luck, I'm very wrong on this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there has been much discussion about this project. perhaps you can dig up those threads, or maybe Cotuit can help...

My office is right in front of Pearl and Ive spent a lot of time here. The neighborhood is 100 times better than it was, and is still improving, slow and steady. There are some institutional drags: subsidized housing is pretty dense around here, the highschools, the daily traffic jam between the Elmwood/Broad merge and 95 from 2-5:30.

But the St life is not as desparate as it was and the buildings are being improved overall.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip on the article. It looks great.

I'm planning on leasing one of the loft spaces there. It seems to be a touch on the "fringe" but I'm comfortable with that and the parking and building are secure. The units are really the nicest I've seen in an extensive rental search and the ammenities are just what I'm looking for. A move in special is gravy as well.

Archived