Builders remake All Saints

stjoe

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee...al/12061900.htm

I am stunned nobody posted this one...

"The newcomers like the area's proximity to the Civic Center, Doak Campbell Stadium, the Florida State and Florida A&M campuses and downtown. There's also the promise that Gaines Street will be revitalized into a shopping and entertainment district."

"Leon County Commissioner Dan Winchester is also trying to get a piece of the action. His Winchester Bros. Construction Co. is negotiating to buy the old Coca-Cola plant.

"It was a piece of local history we wanted to preserve," he said. And structurally, "it's built like a bomb shelter."

Plans are still in the works, but Winchester envisions a project with 40 to 60 loft-style apartments and spaces for offices and stores. The working name? "All Saints Square."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the pictures in the democrate were great for this article. I really like the way that four story tower looks on that structure. I was under the impression that all those condos were going to be of that design. I like them... though i would rather have a 20 story view, i think that these are beautiful.

well Neighbors if you two would like there are pictures of the condos under constructionn currently listed here in the Tallahassee Forum under "Introducing: The Cloisters" Great little renderings. They've been up a while

I like what Winchester is proposing, I hope this makes it past a pre-submittal. I'd really like to see the concept materilize. I would love to see some more highrise in that area too, considering it is in direct shadow of the Turlington Building, but whats great is that we're getting humans in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume it will utilize the old building, as well as consist of a lot of new construction. Because I don't remember the old Coca-Cola plant being large enough to accomodate 40 loft units.

Btw, nice article. This neighborhood has come a long way in a short period of time. Back in the late 1990's the onl things worth mentioning in All Saints was my old Architecture professor, Craig Huffman's office and the Cow Haus.

He's right about that... the All Saints district has really come a way in these past 5 years. Now they have 3-4 little condo buildings in the area, a few new offices, and 97.9 Smooth Jazz tucked right in. I seems there is a connection between the Coca Cola Building and the ones shown above that say "Diablo" and "Pete" Im not sure they can squeeze 40 units into that as Lakelander has pointed out, but I would like to seem them preserve the Coca Cola headstone.

Archived