Boston olympics

lexicon506

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not, and hope Boston never does...!!!!!

I find the Olympics to be a joke. It is an excuse for developers to destroy sections of the city in order to build huge stadiums which are used once for the Olympics. Once the Olympics is over, the city continues to pay for what remains: displaced residents and stadiums too big to be used!

I'd like to see them in Boston, but I wouldn't want any new stadiums built. The T could just provide shuttles to Gilette, couldn't they?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Olympics never happen without new stadiums! Check out what they are going to do in London, where you think they would have the infrastructure already.

Gillette is just one stadium, when many are needed.

I think the Olympics would ruin Boston. Cities never make money on the Olympics, very few parties do. The risk isn't worth the reward. I have seen Atlanta pre and post Olympics, and I think the Olympics had little if no long term benefit (outside of the new facilities, of course) for the city.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NEW ENGLAND should push for the Olympics, not just Boston... Summer or Winter, doesn't matter

spread the costs, infrastructure, and benefits over a region that should work together in business anyways rather than fight and compete with each as they do now, you could use NH and RI as auxilliary host sites and everything they have to help move the event along- more hotels, arenas, acces to mountains and the ocean, 2 new bustling airports, rail transportation, etc

imagine that, the 1st New England Olympics... it would be great

oh wait, you cant imagine that, because you nimby's never want to be part of something great, but you always want to criticize and make outlandish predictions because you think you know it all...

peace, im outta here

Archived