Chicago

Neo

I recently took vacation in Chicago. I actually went primarily to attend NextFest but it was vacation for me as I stayed for a few days. Having took 851 pictures while there, these are just a small part of what was seen, but I wanted to share some random pictures with you guys!

Well known night club, said to be haunted:

DSC00526_EDIT.jpg

The mighty Hancock:

DSC00544_EDIT.jpg

Water Tower square:

DSC00545_EDIT.jpg

DSC00546_EDIT.jpg

DSC00555_EDIT.jpg

DSC00558_EDIT.jpg

DSC00566_EDIT.jpg

DSC00567_EDIT.jpg

One of the many downtown malls:

DSC00570_EDIT.jpg

The Hancock:

DSC00573_EDIT.jpg

DSC00579_EDIT.jpg

DSC00581_EDIT.jpg

DSC00591_EDIT.jpg

DSC00594_EDIT.jpg

DSC00598_EDIT.jpg

DSC00599_EDIT.jpg

DSC00605_EDIT.jpg

DSC00608_EDIT.jpg

DSC00611_EDIT.jpg

DSC00614_EDIT.jpg

DSC00616_EDIT.jpg

DSC00619_EDIT.jpg

DSC00622_EDIT.jpg

DSC00624_EDIT.jpg

DSC00642_EDIT.jpg

DSC00643_EDIT.jpg

DSC00645_EDIT.jpg

DSC00649_EDIT.jpg

DSC00650_EDIT.jpg

DSC00652_EDIT.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great photos Mr. D.  I think those are some of the best street scenes that I have ever seen of Chicago.  I wonder if they will ever release that flying car?

Thanks! I believe the FAA is slated to approve transit methods for personal flying vehicles in 2009, but don't quote me on that. I was in Chicago during a heat wave. On one day the city tied with a record of 96 for the high. Mix that in with the city being next to a lake and it makes for an extremely miserable day! Lots of ice cream and water was consumed in the duration of my visit, LOL! There were a lot of people out and about though, especially on bicycles. It's hard to capture just how many people were on the streets and riding bikes, but it was exciting to see so much outdoor activity!

Nice photos.  815 photos, how big is your memory card?

I have several 128MB sticks (memory stick) but I had to offload several times to my laptop. Ended up being around 1.7GB worth of photos I think.

Nice photos! So many its hard to say which I like best. Was that a newer version of the asimo robot?

Actually that is the KHR-3 HUBO from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology. Hubo has 41 joints, Asimo has 26 and is the first robot that can walk fluidly and move each finger individually. It was definately amazing to see!

• 1 month later...

Thanks!  I believe the FAA is slated to approve transit methods for personal flying vehicles in 2009, but don't quote me on that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope so people have trouble driving on the ground let alone the air, even thou the moller drives its self.

Wow those pics of the beach on Lake Michigan look like they're straight out of San Diego or Miami.  Very cool, they get any waves on the lake?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually only during the winter. Even then not really enough for water sports, although you really, really don't want to be in Lake Michigan in January anyway. :D

Archived