• Dallas
    • Denver
    • Des Moines
    • Detroit
    • Edmonton
    • Fort Worth
    • Houston
    • Indianapolis

Not including your hometown, which skyline do you like the most, does'nt have to be the most dense just one which you think looks good for the size of the city etc.

Atlanta-

Atlanta%20Skyline%203.jpg

Austin-

Austin%20skyline.jpg

Baltimore-

Baltimore.jpg

Birmingham-

Birmingham_skyline.jpg

Boston-

boston-skyline-with-canon-10d%20(1).jpg

Buffalo-

2087buffalo.jpg

Calgary-

Skyline.jpg

Charlotte-

4594826_Charlotte_skyline_345x217.jpg

Chicago-

ChicagoAtNight.jpg

Cincinnati-

John_A_Roebling_Suspension_Bridge_and_Cincinnati_Skyline.jpg

Cleveland-

skyline.gif

Columbus-

Columbus_Skyline.jpg

Dallas-

dallas.skyline.jpg

Denver-

Denver-skyline-at-nite1.jpg

Des Moines-

7209des_moines_skyline_a.jpg

Detroit-

Detroit.jpg

Edmonton-

Edmonton_skyline.jpg

Fort Worth-

ftw0501s_std.jpg

Houston-

houston_skyline_from_white_oak_bridge.jpg

Indianapolis-

Skyline7.JPG

:)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't this topic been beaten to death, and always resulted in stupid fights that never relate to the actual topic?

Anyway, based on the pictures you provided, I voted for (surprisingly) Cleveland. I like the three tall unique buildings that stand out in it. The rest just seem so boxy after a while.

Was'nt aware of it fella as I'm new to the board.

Apologies if this has been done to death. :ph34r: And can't believe I missed out Detroit  :P

I won't bother with my part 2 then :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No no, by all means, do a part two, and maybe we can actually have a meaningful accurate discussion about skylines. Plus you provided pictures of each, which none of the other polls really did.

Didn't mean to be rude or anything, I just hate how every topic like this had become a petty my city is better than yours fight.

Not that Buffalo is at the top of the list or anything but the view you posted is not really a skyline view. I am an ardent Buffalo supporter but I am not over the top with lots of exageration. Downtown Buffalo does not have the height and density to be at thethe top but, I think it secures a strong position in the middle of the pack because it has a number of unique buildings. And a great waterfront vantage point to view it from.

skylinecopy.jpg

skyline1.jpg

mainstreet1.jpg

77860086rxWhLF_ph.jpg

buffaloskyline1.jpg

south13bg.gif

0902buf113nl.jpg

buffskyline7qw.jpg

aptwindw1qj.jpg

buffeast2gr.jpg

eriebasin109jp.jpg

That should cover Buffalo from every direction. It would be good to see a comprehensive set of skyline views form the other cities too.

I voted Atlanta before I saw that it couldn't be your hometown.

In that case, I cast my vote for Chicago.

Did you realy not include Pittsburgh in that Poll. USA Today voted the Pittsburgh sky line at night the second greatest view in the country (after the grand canyon)

He only did the cities that begin with the letters A-I. More than likely, Pittsburgh will show up in his part two.

I don't know if I quite agree with that article. I would have thought maybe the view from Mt. McKinley or from somewhere on the Hawaiian islands (or someplace else) would have beaten the view of Pittsburgh's skyline from the river out of second place (although I must say, it is beautiful and certainly should make the top 10).

Detroit's skyline is best viewed from the interior.  The view from Windsor hides most of the skyline.

800x600_detroit_downtown_deroy.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Detroit gets a lot of crap about crime and many other issues, and while I don't know if I'd choose to live there... the skyline is gorgeous. I don't know if even New York can boast as many FABULOUS 20's and 30's skyscrapers. Detroit's examples are absolutely stunning and with only a few exceptions, they've been preserved well.

Archived