Is Target the new Wal-Mart?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find this extremely hard to believe...

http://www.youareworthmore.org/node/8444?f...nts_per_page=50

It's unbelievably hard to find this, at least for me. The web's full of anti Walmart sites, and I wound up listing one here as it shows some relevant information. Keep in mind this site lists women's salaries, which are lower than men's, and that most of the jobs are in the South where I'd have to guess the pay (esp. the hourly stuff) is probably lower than up here. I saw on vault that a pharmacy manager claimed that he made over $50/hr.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/.../515368124.html

It's half true. They don't usually rise from the bottom and almost always have college degrees. They do earn six figure salaries, though.

Yes, Store Managers at Wal-Mart do earn 6 figures with a lot of it being a bonus. A certain percentage of sales from a particular store make up a bonus for the store Managers.

Yes, Store Managers at Wal-Mart do earn 6 figures with a lot of it being a bonus. A certain percentage of sales from a particular store make up a bonus for the store Managers.

A lot of Big Box and chain store managers have the POTENTIAL to make 6 figures. It all depends on how successful the store is, keeping costs down, increasing sales, etc., etc., etc. I work with several regional grocery chains and most managers make at least 50-70K before bonuses. Successful store managers can easily top 100-125K.

A lot of Big Box and chain store managers have the POTENTIAL to make 6 figures. It all depends on how successful the store is, keeping costs down, increasing sales, etc., etc., etc. I work with several regional grocery chains and most managers make at least 50-70K before bonuses. Successful store managers can easily top 100-125K.

i'm in the wrong business... of course i'd probably want to kill myself being a retail manager...

It's really not that hard. When I was an Assistant Manager at Wal-Mart, my Store Manager pretty much sat in his office all day talking about how to clean up the store.

If you're an EXCELLENT retail manager, you'll be able to delegate most of the work away to others anyways. A manager who has to be too involved with physical work is probably not doing an effective job.

If you're an EXCELLENT retail manager, you'll be able to delegate most of the work away to others anyways. A manager who has to be too involved with physical work is probably not doing an effective job.

Well, my Manager never helped out with physical work, never. The store wasn't the best either. Sometimes you have to do some physical work to show your employees that managment does care.

Archived