SouthWood Ranks First of Florida's 'Five New Urban

stjoe

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/0,,PR_...GbquAm4,00.html

"The St. Joe Company announced today that Florida Travel and Life magazine has selected SouthWood, a St. Joe Hometown, as the number one community among Florida's "Five New Urban Communities to Watch."

Appearing as part of an article on planned communities in Florida in the publication's Spring 2005 issue, the story touts the unique charms of SouthWood, citing it as "a 3,200-acre traditional neighborhood development with 1,000 acres of parks, lakes and ponds amid trees and rolling green hills."

"We are thrilled that SouthWood has been recognized among the best new urban communities in the state," says Rod Wilson, president of Northwest Florida for St. Joe's residential operations. "Families, young professionals, and retirees are recognizing the benefits of living in a community that offers a wealth of live, work, learn and play options."

The magazine's top five list of "New Urban Communities to Watch" is below:

1. SouthWood, Tallahassee

2. Town of Tioga, Gainesville

3. Baldwin Park, Orlando

4. Botanica, Jupiter

5. Aqua, Miami Beach"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are worse things out there... the best thing about southwood is the fact that very few trees have to get destroyed since there werent alot to begin with. I am happy for southwood. Good publicity for tallahassee. We have a variety of residents for futur tallahasseans to pick the one which suits them.

Go southwood (just watch for lightnning)

^ I don't know what the Toad is talking but Im about to blow this new piece of information out of proportion!!! I love stuff like this. I love to see Tallahassee #1 on a good list! Keep up the good work Southwood and St. Joe Arvida!! Awesome people.

Great thing about all of this is the project is only 25% and already earning recognition. We need more like'm!

Surely the community isn't made for everyone, but its designed for a certain market (of which Im not included) and its marketing is very successful. I'd like to see them (St. Joe) try some more contemporary communities, but this is working right now.

traditional is certainly safer, people typically go with safer when they are dropping $200K-$1Million on house.

Personally, I love the houses in Southwood. They are no more alike to each other than houses in suburban houses divisions in other cities or killearn.

But what Southwood is really about is the parks, lakes, and walkability factor that few to no subdivisions in the area have.

you can drive throgh there in a thunderstorm and you will see more than 20 people aut walking. It seems like the little water park is real popular too. I painted the lake from where the plantation house is... i sold it for 450 bucks, and i dont think it was because i paint real good- i think it is just to beautiful to be ignored.

I am charismatic, it is not so much that my art is good. I just convince people it suits them. Its not lying, but it is a little bit of a game. I sell what i make, and to really have a buisness in art, people need to commission your work. One day, maybe i will get a government contract or something, untill then, i am planning on being a forgetten artist turned art teacher. woe is modern times for culture! But thanks for the compliments.

Archived