Christian Exodus to SC

leets

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't anyone think that even as far right as the current administration is, there would not be a seccession if Bush had anything to do with it. I would see the frickin Army and National Guard back from Iraq enforcing martal law on the state of South Carolina. Now, if I'm correct, and don't quote me on it, but I think the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has it in their constitution that they can secede from the union. There is one or two other states that have that clause in their charters also. Anyways, it won't happen. I can almost guaratee it.

Let Texas go...That place is a craphole. More cops on I-35 between OK state line and Dallas than in the entire state of SC. The people are vain, concieted, and a whole host of other things that I'm not going to say. Anyways, back to seccession of the states. :D

Just FYI everyone...there was already a letter to the editor in the Spartanburg Herald yesterday from a christian exodus pusher...so they're wasting no time...at first glance I was like...why is this person complaining about city taxes when he lives in the county...cause that drives me nuts when someone that doesn't even have to pay the taxes whines about them (i digress)...but then i read the letter and got a :cry: kinda feeling...

here's the letter:

City tax increase

Joseph Elster, Inman

The article Thursday headlined "City Council approves tax increase" contained some interesting statements, such as the tax increase being used for "improving parks and recreation" and that "Council members talked about the city's responsibility to provide recreational opportunities for the city's youths ... ."

But then the article reports that City Manager Mark Scott says the city will still seek grants to fund the parks because "the tax increase is just providing enough money to operate the parks and recreation centers and not necessarily make capital improvements."

Now don't get me wrong -- having a nice park to walk through or picnic in and watching the children play is a wonderful thing. But what part of the Constitution states that it is up to the government to provide recreational opportunities for anyone? And if you re-read the previous paragraph, you will notice that the tax increase is not going to improve anything but simply maintain the existing facilities!

Here is a wonderful solution: Less government plus fewer taxes equals fewer working hours and more family time! The Constitution Party and Christian Exodus are two organizations that support this solution. I encourage you to learn more about both of these organizations, and the days of big government will soon be over!

Just FYI everyone...there was already a letter to the editor in the Spartanburg Herald yesterday from a christian exodus pusher...so they're wasting no time...at first glance I was like...why is this person complaining about city taxes when he lives in the county...cause that drives me nuts when someone that doesn't even have to pay the taxes whines about them (i digress)...but then i read the letter and got a  :cry: kinda feeling...

here's the letter:

City tax increase

Joseph Elster, Inman

The article Thursday headlined "City Council approves tax increase" contained some interesting statements, such as the tax increase being used for "improving parks and recreation" and that "Council members talked about the city's responsibility to provide recreational opportunities for the city's youths ... ."

But then the article reports that City Manager Mark Scott says the city will still seek grants to fund the parks because "the tax increase is just providing enough money to operate the parks and recreation centers and not necessarily make capital improvements."

Now don't get me wrong -- having a nice park to walk through or picnic in and watching the children play is a wonderful thing. But what part of the Constitution states that it is up to the government to provide recreational opportunities for anyone? And if you re-read the previous paragraph, you will notice that the tax increase is not going to improve anything but simply maintain the existing facilities!

Here is a wonderful solution: Less government plus fewer taxes equals fewer working hours and more family time! The Constitution Party and Christian Exodus are two organizations that support this solution. I encourage you to learn more about both of these organizations, and the days of big government will soon be over!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:huh:

That is unfortunate.

Big government doesnt apply to local goverments. Anyone with any sense should note that most who are in favor of a smaller federal government are generally in favor of more local control meaning a 'larger' local government.

Complaints about a city that hasn't rasied its taxes in 20 some odd years are completely irrelevant IMO.

I think it is only a matter of time until the locals who are not sympathetic to the CE cause speak out against the entire movement, causing it to be effectively squashed. I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that the entire thing will have any type of substantial impact.

For a case in point, here's what a Clemson resident had to say in Greenville News in a letter to the editor:

Christian Exodus an alarming movement

Your article on the "Christian Exodus" does not do justice to the movement; nor does it express to the slightest degree how scary it is. The editors should be ashamed of the lack of research committed to this article.

For example, among the plainly stated tenets (see their Web site) of this group are:

1. A new constitution for the state of South Carolina reflecting the group's political views.

2. Statements declaring that taxes should not pay for "privileges" (specifically distinguished from "rights") such as "public education, health care, public housing, public transportation" and finally, my personal favorite, "voting." Hmmm, a new constitution and no "right" to vote.

3. If such "reforms" are not able to be effectuated, the group proposes secession. "If this cannot be achieved within the United States, then we believe a peaceful withdrawal from the union to be the last available remedy," say they on their site. The only thing is, and they know it, there is no such thing as a "peaceful withdrawal from the United States."

You really should have provided a clearer view of this group instead of the sweetie-pie picture of the family at prayer. Why? Because they mean something very simple -- the colonization of South Carolina.

Their conference will have trouble drawing the 210 people that space allows: far less than the waves of 12,000 settlers projected on the Web site. But since the first link on the site is their merchandise link, perhaps success other than financial isn't their real goal. And yet South Carolinians will have to be vigilant, and will have to inform themselves.

Thank God that someone realizes that this thing isn't the "peaches and cream" movement it professes to be. I mean, I know the Upstate is supposedly the "buckle" of the Bible belt, but c'mon...I want to give my fellow South Carolinians more credit than to fall for the trappings of this invasion. Being religious does NOT exclude the use of our brains!

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting tidbit- the Christian Exodus was banned from Google ads.

There was a post in the Herald-Journal forums from one of these Exodusnuts. It was very poorly recieved.

Here is the post:

People of America, WAKE UP!!

Why is it that everytime something happens, we decide that we need Federal Legislation? Doesn't the government control enough of our lives already? We already have the second amendment which tells us we have the right to bear arms.

If you are as tired of the government intrusion as I am, you need to learn more about the Constitution Party (www.godfamilyrepublic.com) and Christian Exodus (www.christianexodus.org)

Our founding fathers did NOT intend government to be the overwhelming Goliath that it has become. David - it's time to pick up your sling and a stone and take a stand for what is right!

Then most replies sound like this:

Yeah, we need a "Christian exodus" to put us right up there with the Islamic nutcases who are the problem in the Middle East right now!

This is encouraging to me because it shows that many more people are against this movement. Not that I was that worried... but it helps to see something for yourself.

Any volunteers? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depends. Do you think I can get away with wearing my "Get your ass to church" t-shirt that I purchased from the folks at the parody site LandoverBaptist.org? *A word of warning: don't go to the site if you are easily offended. If you do, remember, it's a PARODY site. What's sad is that even though I know it's comedy (albeit in bad taste), it reads like the REAL Christian Exodus site.

• 2 months later...

Some good developments on this issue....

The conference was a resounding flop.

• Only 50 people showed up, plus the media.

• To date, 12 members have moved to the state. (not 700 as previously stated)

• Most Christan organizations and instututions do not endorse this group, included Bob Jones University.

Looks as though there is nothign to worry about.

Some good developments on this issue....

The conference was a resounding flop.

• Only 50 people showed up, plus the media.

• To date, 12 members have moved to the state. (not 700 as previously stated)

• Most Christan organizations and instututions do not endorse this group, included Bob Jones University.

Looks as though there is nothign to worry about.

Very good. :rofl: 12 wasps can't make a hive.

• 2 months later...

(not sure what the glitch was with my previous post)

What a scary group! I think their descent onto Greenville and South Carolina in general is a frightening concept.

:( I have read a lot of posts here and most people seem to have mis conceptions of Christian, conservatives. What is so wrong with having honest, trustworthy people that wont steal, murder, have

good work ethics living next to you? I could understand if these people were radical extremists. Most

of the infrastructure of our country was set up by people who designed our government along biblical

principles.

:( I have read a lot of posts here and most people seem to have mis conceptions of Christian, conservatives. What is so wrong with having honest, trustworthy people that wont steal, murder, have

good work ethics living next to you? I could understand if these people were radical extremists. Most

of the infrastructure of our country was set up by people who designed our government along biblical

principles.

Welcome to the forum!

Its not Christian Conservatives so much as it is this group and what it represents. This group is essentially one of exremeists. If they were not then they would see it as necessary to move to SC and threaten secession as a last resort.

Archived