Christian Exodus to SC

leets

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Exodus member will not necessarily openly run as a member of CE. The organization is savvy enough to know that isn't likely to lead to success. CE will not confirm or deny whether or not a candidate is a member of their group. There was at least one candidate in the district 5 senate race (Republican primary) who surely appeared to be CE if you looked closely. Many people I know even suspect a newly elected house member to be CE.

This CE stuff is doing just what I'd hoped it would. The forums on the Anderson Independent webpage and all fired up. What this will mean is not only will new CE candidates get dumped, but so will the far-right extremists who were here already. I don't know how this will affect Cindy Wilson - she's more of a grassroots crazy. But Ron Wilson, a well-known extremist, who represents Powdersville will be in big trouble, unless this all blows over. The CE presence will increase media coverage and the good people of Powdersville will not re-elect someone who is proud of his associations with Neo-Nazi groups. They just didn't know about it in the last election. Nothing like something like this to overcome voter apathy.

I think the papers could serve to educated themselves and their readers a little better. Interviewing, say, an evangelical scholar like Mark Noll would be a big help, rather than all the usual juices to rile up and the dander to raise up.

It would be useful if better education was done on dominianism or Christian reconstructionism, and just how little appeal it has among the most conservative of Christian groups. There was some debate about it in some conservative denominations 25-20 years ago, but every instance of it was shut down, theonomy professors were excused from seminiaries, and colleges, etc.

There is a reason why we are talking about 30 people here. Neo-nazi's really isn't the term to describe them. Neo-theonomists or dominianists perhaps, but that's all

Actually "hate group" is EXACTLY what I'd call them. (ask them what they think about gay rights, and watch their heads spin around spitting pea soup, THEN see if you'd call them a hate group) I first learned about CE a few years ago...and people like that are JUST as dangerous as radicals of other religions.

I'm just passing along what they are preaching...

And as for 30 or 3000, it doesn't matter if they continue to run for office and South Carolinians continue to (unknowingly) elect them.

I'm not saying SC's status as one of the 50 states is imminently in danger, but I am saying we need to take this group seriously. We need to pay attention to who is running for office and who we are electing. (The earlier Powdersville reference is a good example of what happens when people don't know who they are voting for.)

There are environmentalist whacko's like ELF and animal rights activists like ALF that are extreme liberals. They are suggesting seccesion, but they are just as dangerous. The difference between this group and others is that they want to come here and "convert" people to their ideas, and they are so selfish and egocentric that they think secession is a viable wasy to get what they want.

Archived