Commute Time

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an hour and a half in the morning and 2 1/2 to 3 in the evening.

Ouch. That's quite a commute and a commute time. How to you get to your job in Tokyo? I'm just curious as I know Tokyo has a very extensive and well planned mass-transit system.

Ouch. That's quite a commute and a commute time. How to you get to your job in Tokyo? I'm just curious as I know Tokyo has a very extensive and well planned mass-transit system.

I drive, but only because my job pays for my gas and highway tolls. I work for the Government at Tokyo/Narita Airport (NRT). The Us Government cares less about obviousness than they do it's own money, so instead of paying me to live near the airport, they (so gernerously) give me free housing on the Air Base here. The drive sucks, but overall it's not that terrible. I am compensated pretty well for the hours lost to my daily commute.

I drive, but only because my job pays for my gas and highway tolls. I work for the Government at Tokyo/Narita Airport (NRT). The Us Government cares less about obviousness than they do it's own money, so instead of paying me to live near the airport, they (so gernerously) give me free housing on the Air Base here. The drive sucks, but overall it's not that terrible. I am compensated pretty well for the hours lost to my daily commute.

Heh. No income tax right? I wouldn't mind having a job like that while I'm still not tied down with a family... It'd probably be one of the things from my past I'd talk to death about when I'm old.

Heh. No income tax right? I wouldn't mind having a job like that while I'm still not tied down with a family... It'd probably be one of the things from my past I'd talk to death about when I'm old.

I pay federal income tax, but not state. the only tax free US Gov't-related jobs zones that I know of are in the middle east. There are some pretty awesome places you can go that ARE NOT IRAQ and still make a crap load of $. My job on the other hand... I do not make a crap load of $.

I pay federal income tax, but not state. the only tax free US Gov't-related jobs zones that I know of are in the middle east. There are some pretty awesome places you can go that ARE NOT IRAQ and still make a crap load of $. My job on the other hand... I do not make a crap load of $.

Heh... I knew a Government employee who worked in Egypt and for the Gov. both tax free before I moved back to CT. Either way, to live in a foreign society like that is the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm happy for you.

Archived