• Seattle
    • St Louis
    • St Paul
    • Tampa
    • Toronto
    • Vancouver
    • Washington D.C.
    • Winnepeg

Apart from your home city which is your favorite?

Oakland-

ring_of_lights.jpg

Portland-

1550264-Portland_Skyline_about_pm-Portland.jpg

Providence-

skyline1.jpg

Raleigh-

raleigh_skyline.jpg

Regina-

regina_6.jpg

Richmond-

richmond.jpg

Sacremento-

skyline.jpg

Salt Lake City-

2035.jpg

San Antonio-

downtown-san-antonio-2a.jpg

San Diego-

sanDiegoSkyline1.jpg

San Francisco-

SF_skyline_at_night.jpg

San Jose-

20429935.IMG_1151MPB.jpg

Seattle-

Night-Seattle-Skyline_1024x.jpg

St Louis-

skyline2.jpg

St Paul-

3127.jpg

Tampa-

tampa.jpg

Toronto-

Toronto%20Skyline-600.jpg

Vancouver-

vancouver_skyline.jpg

Washington DC-

IMAG0005.jpg

Winnepeg-

wpgskyme.jpeg

B)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted San Diego. It was a toss up between that and Vancouver. I really like Vancouver's skyline because it reminds me of Asia or something. It just doesn't look like most North American skylines.

But of these pictures, San Diego jumped out at me.

I hear you about Vancouver, don't think the picture I found of it gave it the justice it deserves as it's a truly stunning skyline and city, and like you say very Asian like could well be in Japan or Thailand.

Sorry about some of the other pics, Portland's does'nt do it justice or Richmonds in my opinion but gives you an idea of how they look.

Personally I love all of them, each of them is unique in it's own way and symbolises what the city represents in many respects, coming from the UK originally where you don't see these skylines outside of London I'm in awe by them, they make the cities look powerful and energetic in a way that most European cities cannot achieve.

I hate to be critical or sound picky but some of these pictures are so mis-leading that it makes your poll meaningless. Some of these pictures make the city seem so much more than it really is-like Austin and Birmingham for instance. On the other hand the pictures of Dallas and Denver and even Chicago and Philly and New York don't begin to do those cities justice. I say this having visited 98% of these cities. Sorry if I seem like a spoil sport, I know you put a lot of work in to this.

I chose Providence. within the next 3 years, providence will have a new tallest (or if the rumors are false, then lets call it "close to new tallest" skyskraper along with a few other tall buildings... a westin hotel addition and other hotel/residential projects. I just think it's skyline is clean and simple, and everyhting that is in progress now will only improve the skyline

Bryson-

The pictures were meant only as a rough guide as to the cities skylines, had I chosen to post 3 or 4 of the best skyline pictures each city had to offer then it would of taken me a week :lol: to post them all. If you want to do your own poll with 'better pictures' then go right ahead.

This poll is'nt to be taken seriously just a light hearted look at what cities skylines people like the best.

Some people need to stop taking things so seriously :rofl:

Definitely a tough decision. San Diego is fresh in my mind, after visiting last month...and watching the skyline change from late afternoon to nighttime was pretty cool - especially with the mountains in the background, the planes flying right overhead, and the boats going by in the foreground.

But I live in Providence, and I'm pretty attached to that skyline after having grown up with a view of it from my bedroom. No pictures really do it justice, but check out Richard Benjamin's at ProvidenceRI, photo collections....

Boys boys boys, come on, some of you are sounding like women :rofl:

As I said before, don't judge the cities on the pics I provided they were just the first pics I had at hand to go with the city, we all know what the respective skylines look like, just thought I'd spice it up a bit by sticking the pics in, looks like I made a wrong decision judging by all the beotching :D

We all know Macon GA has by far and away the best skyline in North America, did'nt think it would be fair to put it in the poll :lol:

B)

Archived