Tour de France

gs3

More good press for Greenville. George Hincapie is second in the Tour de France, only 55 seconds behind number one Lance Armstrong (when I checked this morning). Great to see a Greenville citizen successful on the world stage! :thumbsup: Way to go George!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Tour de France going on, I'm eager to pull out my mountain bike for a ride. Unfortunately, I need to replace an air tube in one of the tires. I would like to take it over to The Great Escape to let them repair it. While I'm over there, I should see if they have any BMX bikes and helmets in stock. Do they have a website yet?

With the Tour de France going on, I'm eager to pull out my mountain bike for a ride.  Unfortunately, I need to replace an air tube in one of the tires.  I would like to take it over to The Great Escape to let them repair it.  While I'm over there, I should see if they have any BMX bikes and helmets in stock.  Do they have a website yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. www.greatescapebikes.com

Hey all,

I've been on vacation in Cape Cod for 2-1/2 weeks. Good to be back in G-Ville. Lots of new stuff going on since I left!!!!

In case you haven't been watching, our Greenville native George Hincapie won today's stage of the tour. Today was the toughest stage of the 21 stages. He was in the front basically to cover the breakaway. The breakaway gained nearly 20 minutes which was too much for the rest of the pack to catch up to later in the race. With that being the situation the team director told him to go for it. He did, and he took first. :thumbsup:

If you can, catch it on OLN tonight. It's worth watching.

If you want to see GH race in person, head down to the Greenville Classic. Its held during Fall for Greenville. He raced and won last year. Hopefully he will be back this year.

Archived