Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

This is the Fallschase entrance

fallschase-in-tallahassee.jpg

The Leon County Commission next week will discuss a proposed development agreement for Fallschase that the county attorney opposes because he says it favors the developer.

Fallschase owner Lamar Bailey has disagreed with the county for years on whether he can build homes on about 250 acres of upper Lake Lafayette lake bottom. He is proposing a new development agreement to spell out how the property would be developed.

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/12080277.htm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good article "Cityboy". I personally think the developers should be allowed to go forward with the 1970s permit with exception of mitigating some flood plain issues. I like the density, and the idea of incorporating a Southwood-Like business and community center type neighborhood.

That lake bed is huge, but i dont think that it will be empty forever. there is alot of little streams that run all through it. I think the development will be successfull. And those houses there now are ugly. It has an awsome location though, the traffic problems in that area havce been solved. Plus swift creek and bucklake are good schools.

You are right about that. I was looking through a magazine of desings of homes in different Tallahassee neighborhoods and came across a Fallschase design. The desings for Fallschase were like old country like. I don't know what the styles in Fallschase are like now but maybe they are trying to do something similar to Southwood.

Unlike Southwood, however, these Fallchase homes break the mold and aren't cookie cutter. They seem to be crafted of better quality materials also in concept.

Swift Creek is not only a good Middle School... its the best in Florida!!! Swift Creek Class of 1998!!!!

No crap... me too. that is entirely too wierd. First class to go three years. I miss eating lunch in what was the eight grade hall...

The homes seem like an old english style with lots of rock landscaping and accents. I am a fan of natural brick and stone, but not really these houses. My mom thinks they are beautiful.

OMFG!!!!! I just read over what the Fallschace Plan is demanding! IF you have not, you should. It is absoulutly rediculous. If our commision passes this horrible excuse for a compromise I will lay down in the middle of the road to stop them. In fact, I would go as far as to make sure that all futur reseidents know how little Lamar Bailey cares about the beautifully potential acrage and the implications of using 1973 enviromental standards. This is not what the tallahassee area needs from developers. I am al lfor making the best of what you got. BUt when you disregard all common sense about our city's fragile lakes and enviroment just to make a sell to an outta towner who can then come in and kill what we have left of Lafeyette is NOT a good developer.

I say we get a bunch of stones and chase Bailey downtown where we will force him to take his dumb proposal and I will use my witty artistic talents to draw a diagram of where he can put it and all its demands. We should but back the lake bottem, at true market price ( none of the as if it were developable crap). I cannot believe there was so much more to this than i initially was aware of. I am very glad i looked into this. This is on the july 12 agenda. NO SOUTHLAND PLEASE.

I agree with you that his so called compromise is ridiculous, but you must admit he's smart. He doesn't expect to get what he has asked for, its kinda like bargaining, you ask for a lot and hope for a little. No one really expects that he will be allowed to move forward with 1970s guidelines.

^This Fallschase development has been "approved" many times before. I've seen rendering after rendering in the Homes & Land Mags. When will we see a website created, or some serious literature released. As far as Im concerned this is just a gimmic to get the government to purchase their lake bottom land, but I'm all for what they've advertised in pictures in the Homes & Lands, and I'm all for more housing options.

I definatly think that developments in proximity to enviromentally fragile locations should display all the caution a community would need. BUt these developers are not taking the enviroment into consideration. I am an advicate of getting as much as you can from every situation, but disregards of this proposals magnitude are Public Relation problems that do not get the attention they should to keep developers in check. That is all i am worried about. there are poeple (if not in our community) that take things like enviromental impact into consideration and will not purchase because of developers neglecting. But woe is capitlism and land use rights.

and Swift creek, most definatly. Ms Taylor used to drive a little bitty car, i think a miata...lol it had a permanent lean. I used to work on the TV show "Wolf pack live" with Ms Nudi... she was one of my most important inspirations. also Sra TOrres in 8th was later my high school IB teacher and part of the reason i earned my diploma and can now attend such a prestigious university as Florida State. but i was one hell of a dork.

sounds like you have a good memory. Ms. Taylor must have traded her Miata for the Avalon she purchased from my father. My best friend Dannie Chukes was also on Wolf Pack Live... she hosted when we were in the 8th grade. I had Follis for English all 3 years there, I was band nerd, eventually Capitan of Band... played trumpet... it is a small world... btw I used to do a good Nudi impression.

not only did i make it through, but both my younger siblings followed through, my youngest sister now entering the wild world of rickards. You shouldn't have left it, it has a way of paying for everything you need... lol. I was lucky, earned the diploma by 2 points against all odds. my siblings are better prepared afor the work load after seeing me work three jobs while in IB... i am unstopable when motivated... but i will NEVER work that hard again if I can help it... It was hell.

Archived