Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

I agree with you in that I'd like to see no more Wal-Marts built in Leon County... at least for a while. i wouldn't mind a west side Target, however.

The dissenting votes were Thaell and Ratcliffe. Ratcliffe, is a man wise in his convictions, and I often agree with his positions, but in this situation, it was much tougher for me to agree with him soley based on his comments during a radio interview back in August when he stated he'd rather do nothing with the property and allow it to sit idle, while dirty stormwater from the rest of Tallahassee continues to contaminate Upper Lake Lafyette, and then into the Floridan Aquifer. After that comment, there was nothing he could say to win me back over.

Proctor does have a way to pull race cards at times, but in this case he was very rational. He does a great service to his constituents in bringing light to their issues despite his methods.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad that this was approved! I have a good feeling that this is going to be the next best

thing after Southwood, Killearn, and Welaunee Plantation. Does anybody remember Summerbrooke?

Has is development going there?

Do you mean Summerfield? As in the PUD in NW Leon County near Lake Jackson? Work on that is underway from what I hear.

Welaunee Plantation is still very far off... may be a gooooood while before anything is done.

And there is an item on the city commission for Fallschase... I'm not sure for what however... if its not in the city limits, its seeking inclusion into the Urban Services Area.

Cool TJ thanks for the update.

The Tally Democrat had nothing today about this vote. I know it happened late, but they still should have put something in the paper about it or I just haven't looked in the right place to find it.

Article published Dec 7, 2005

Commission approves Fallschase

Developer wants to start by mid-2006

By Jeff Burlew

DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

After months of negotiation and delay, Leon County commissioners have finally approved a deal that will allow the Fallschase development to proceed.

*Admins Note: Please do not post full articles in the future. Either summarize or post a link to the original article. This is stated in the rules which are agreed to when signing up as a user here at UP. Thank you!

Thanks for the article guys. It wasn't there this a.m. when I was online reading the Democrat around 8. Nor were the Letters to the Editor, but I see they are posted now too. Zing was there but not the Letters or this article....maybe it was just a conspiracy to drive me crazy????? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am new to this Forum. But I had to join since I live in the direction of Falls Chase and have been keeping up with the development. N-E ways I was in Birmingham Alabama at a ITA Taekwondo Tournament and visited a shopping Center called Patton Creek (Across from the Galleria). I thought to myself this is the perfect out door mall. I would prefer going to this out door mall than the Galleria! After reading the post about AIG and and doing some research on past projects I discovered that AIG actually built Patton Creek in Alabama and that the Falls Chase Development is being Modeled with the same Concept. I have a feeling this will be THE shopping place in Tallahassee!

Here is a link to Patton Creek

http://www.pattoncreek.com/index.asp

Click on the refresh button to see addition pictures. They also have the RAVE theature there. I am hoping this will be same for Falls Chase. Rave has a very industrial but pleasent look to it. Unlike AMC or Muvico's.

I will post more when I get some replies to this post and add more later when I get some ?'s. I am very excited about joining Urban Planet and its great to find that there are people that share the same common interest as myself.

I am new to this Forum. But I had to join since I live in the direction of Falls Chase and have been keeping up with the development. N-E ways I was in Birmingham Alabama at a ITA Taekwondo Tournament and visited a shopping Center called Patton Creek (Across from the Galleria). I thought to myself this is the perfect out door mall. I would prefer going to this out door mall than the Galleria! After reading the post about AIG and and doing some research on past projects I discovered that AIG actually built Patton Creek in Alabama and that the Falls Chase Development is being Modeled with the same Concept. I have a feeling this will be THE shopping place in Tallahassee!

Here is a link to Patton Creek

http://www.pattoncreek.com/index.asp

Click on the refresh button to see addition pictures. They also have the RAVE theature there. I am hoping this will be same for Falls Chase. Rave has a very industrial but pleasent look to it. Unlike AMC or Muvico's.

I will post more when I get some replies to this post and add more later when I get some ?'s. I am very excited about joining Urban Planet and its great to find that there are people that share the same common interest as myself.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet Tallahassee MrAcca! :yahoo:

Nothing better than a new forumer who comes out with great information from the start. You've really given me a reason to smile today. Thanks for that great info. We're glad you decided to join us!

Thanks Every one. Nice to see that users that I read the most are the ones that replied to this post. Since I got back some replies so fast. If you haven't already noticed. In the PDF document that TaureanJ Posted "Falls Chase.pdf" pages 59 -60 those pics are the same pictures that are on the Patton Creek Home Page. If you hit refresh enough times you will see the same pictures now in Color YEEAAAA. lol

On a side note Fire Up inc. is to build a Johnny Carino's in Tallahassee. This is my FAV Italian Restaurant. Patton Creek Has one, Maybe Falls Chase will be the home of the new JC. Well its one of the many items on my Wish List!

I've been looking at the pictures MrAcca, and I think you're right about this possibly become the next great Tallahassee shopping center. I think something like this would do wonders for the residents out in E. Tallahassee. I was in Grand Rapids just last week and they had several of these centers in various cities in the metro area and I felt they went far for satisifying the shopping needs of the people there. I was given the impression there was plenty of shopping and plenty of dining. More importantly these are retail jobs also so that's good for the teens, growing up on that side of town. I remeber growing up, our options were pretty much limited to the grocery stores out there.

Let me introduce myself. I moved to Tallahassee about a year ago. I am originally from Fort Lauder dale and Coral Springs. I moved here to open a "satellite" office on Gaines street. Cadd Centers of Florida. For now I am the only employee there. I teach Autocad, Inventor, and Land Desktop. So I get to talk to developers and Engineers about projects they are developing in Tallahassee and all through the State of Florida. Right now I am living in a small house while helping my dad finish building his BIG house. I am also putting my Wife through College as a Med Student.

My hobbies are Taekwondo, 3D drafting and design, "trying to start my own side business" Disc Golf, and Billiards. Any other ?'s for me I would be glad to answer. :-)

My web site www.caddcenters.com

Let me introduce myself. I moved to Tallahassee about a year ago. I am originally from Fort Lauder dale and Coral Springs. I moved here to open a "satellite" office on Gaines street. Cadd Centers of Florida. For now I am the only employee there. I teach Autocad, Inventor, and Land Desktop. So I get to talk to developers and Engineers about projects they are developing in Tallahassee and all through the State of Florida. Right now I am living in a small house while helping my dad finish building his BIG house. I am also putting my Wife through College as a Med Student.

My hobbies are Taekwondo, 3D drafting and design, "trying to start my own side business" Disc Golf, and Billiards. Any other ?'s for me I would be glad to answer. :-)

My web site www.caddcenters.com

I checked your site and I'm impressed. You have an All Saints location for your business... that's impressive!

Archived