Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

wow, when talking about taxes i dont even think about sales tax... how about income tax adn property tax, those are real bit**es! Rickards is nice (wow, what a stand for my school)

I think this new development should really be for affordable houses for students and younge proffessionals. Nice houses that can withstand hurricanes so we doent ahve to rebuild every year. I cannot look at PDF's at work but is there a timeline or stages the project will be completed in.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose his intentions were good... maybe not his methods. He's a true man of the enviornment and he just wants to see to it that all is done to protect our streams and lakebeds. We've already determined the proposal was a joke... so Im not sure the developer deserves much respect.

I agree with that. I think the chunk was to big to sell, and no one believes the city will allow any development on the bed. I know if i were in the position, i would od my best to get some money for the "useless" lands, but i certainly would not ask for such a high price. Make at deal, get people on your side, then you may have some green leverage for future negotiations rather in that area or within your firm.

I say this only because anyone who truly cared about doing "right" by the community would have saved the lakebed as preservation in their plans and worked around it... the lakebed would potentially make a wonderful addition to the community if one were ever built, but as it looks right now, its only a scam, and I don't believe in a person getting rich at ripping off the tax payers... we've already got plenty of that going on in DC.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the public opinions are starting to have an affect on the ideas for this development. It looks like the more they do in public, the more they are willing to trim off of thier demands. The numbers are sounding better, but certainly the runoff issues are going to make or break the development. I am happy that ther eis more public involvement. I like to know what is going on. But more importantly, i trust the bucklake road residence to keep the developers in check...they are a rambuctious crew.

I understand the resident's concerns in stormwater runnoff... but honestly, how many of those "concerned" about stormwater runoff, know enough about it to care about where it goes?? I care for them... so that question was pointless to ask, but it seems many people tend to jump on the bandwagon to oppose projects like this. I'd like to see this neighborhood come to life, as I would Welaunee, but if developers were serious, these storm water issues would have been handled at first pencil.

I hope something finally does happen with Fallschase. If I recall correctly the fancy brick sign has been in place since my family moved back to Tallahassee from Madison County in 1994. Last year I saw a really cool conceptual drawing for what they want it to look like in their add in the Tallahassee magazine. My wife and I became interested, and drove out there a few times. She even spoke to someone on the phone about it. I think it wound up being that they were going to charge more than we could afford.

Do you remember specifically how much.... I've seen several Fallschase Renderings in the Homes&Lands Mag, but never thought to save or scan any... the homes were far more impressive than those in Southwood, but there were never any prices listed..

... I like the concept of what I've seen in the Homes&Lands, but the jury is out on wether they will follow through with those plans.

^ Unfortunately neither I nor my wife remember. I think they gave us a price, but I can't remember for sure. Sorry I don't have a better answer! They do have an office out there. I think there's even a box with information on it. Probably not much more than a phone number.

much more interseting architecture than SW. I thought they could use that lake bed as a park like they suggested. Then they could start hosting a Hot air balloon rally again with springtime Tallahassee. That would be awsome for Tallahassee and for the nieghborhood. When they did it in the old days, it was fantastic. I enjoyed it alot, and it seemed like it was a fun community thing. I dont know if it is cost effective, but i am sure thier is a larger audience for it now. Nice way to show your hood and make money for city.

Even selling the view would suffice... there is at least a 35 ft drop in some lots right off the road... the sun would rise every morning in spactacular beauty, without the glare of a lake. There should still be alot of beautiful wildlife tracking through.. nothing like spotting a family of dear with the coffee in the morning. People in tallahassee do or should still love to invest in such natural thrills. The area is beautiful. Tallahassee to a tee. I dont want to loss it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fallschase Must Explain Its Impact

Public Hearing Set for Tuesday

Fallschase is located on 700 acres off U.S. Highway 90 and Buck Lake Road and includes homes on the edge of Lake Lafyette. Developers once wanted to place over 2500 homes in the development, now is proposing to build 1500 homes, with the condition of being allowed to develop 850,000 sq. ft. of commercial space. The Tallahassee Mall is a little over 900,000 sq.ft. The development is to include two anchor stores (one of which is rumored to be a Wal-Mart) and a movie theatre.

Public Hearing Tomorrow Night at County Commission Chambers.

[url=http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/12981319.htm]Article from the Tallahassee Democrat

• 4 weeks later...

Archived