Metro Atlanta's Updated Pop. Count is 5 mill?

Lady Celeste

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any concentrations of vacant houses? What coudl the city do to help  fix that problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good idea - I didn't concentrate on looking where the vacant homes are. But a good guess would be southeastern Atlanta - south of Grant Park along McDonough & particularly westside of downtown - Vine City area.

Of course I have 4 vacant homes on my block right now - 1 being vacant for the past 3 years.

Are there any concentrations of vacant houses? What coudl the city do to help  fix that problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I figured - they were primarily clustered on the western edge of downtown (English Ave - Bankhead area), south of downtown (Pittsburgh / Adair Park - Lakewood area) & Old Fourth Ward to the east. 4th Ward is a bit of an anomoly, it's the low income neighborhood that should already be gentrified, yet somehow - likely due to Boulevard - is predmoninately poor. Yet it is so over-priced, because everyone assumes it is the next big thing, that most can't afford to renovate anything there - few sub $100k homes to fix up like most neighborhoods.

Electricmonk - it's still there!  I don't know if it records the MSA or CSA population though, or possibly just the ARC 13 county definition.

I'm rarely up in Buckhead - so I can't check.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool, thanks. I've seen a few photos on here that people have posted of Buckhead and it's amazing how much it's grown in the 20 years since I lived there. I lived right near the intersection of Peachtree and Roswell. I don't have many photos from when I lived there but I might scan the ones I do and post them somewhere here.

• 3 months later...

Remember the old adage, "be careful what you wish for."?

Today is a lazy day for me. I am not showing any homes, fielding any clients...just relaxing. I was brousing the Emporis site for construction information on the 13 buildings currently under construction here in Atlanta. When I go to the Atlanta page, I noticed that Emporis has metro Atlanta's population count at 5,034,362. :o Where did they get that number from and why has this milestone not been mentioned in the news?

Okay, I was checking Emporis today and now they have Atlanta's CSA population listed as 5,125,726. So from the time I initially posted this till the time I just looked, 91,364 people moved to the CSA. Is there like someone who constantly updates these numbers on the census bureau AND Emporis. I guess I won't check Emporis for another four months and it should be up to 5.2 mill.

Archived