The Power of UrbanPlanet

monsoon

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trying to sound "smart".... probably doesn't know the difference between a forum and a blog.

Congrats to the Virginia forumers...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

blog.... Its one of those stupid catch phrases like "debacle" or "gravitas." It will go away eventually...

blog.... Its one of those stupid catch phrases like "debacle" or "gravitas." It will go away eventually...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

or "paradigm"

"blog" will be (or already is) one of those words where the etymology will be (or already is) lost on the average person.

I believe everyone here would agree that the potential for this forum is astounding. It's a great place to learn about and discuss topics that affect us at the most direct level, and also an opportunity to bring the topic of urban planning, in general, to a more common level of awareness. I have nothing to gain by saying this but I think that perhaps more of us should be sporting the UP gear that's available. It's advertising for an intellectual movement. I've stated this many times already in the Providence forum, but the only way for common people to be part of the solutions (to the many problems related to our unstable, polluting, inefficient, top-heavy economy) is for them to understand how the world around them actually operates. Part of this is to know what's going on or up in your neck of the woods and be an active part of the process around you. Awareness and minimal effort on the parts of many can make for a significant amount of progress. I think we should start branding ourselves proudly (I never, ever, ever, thought I'd say that), we can make this a much larger thing than it currently is.

I believe everyone here would agree that the potential for this forum is astounding.  It's a great place to learn about and discuss topics that affect us at the most direct level, and also an opportunity to bring the topic of urban planning, in general, to a more common level of awareness.  I have nothing to gain by saying this but I think that perhaps more of us should be sporting the UP gear that's available.  It's advertising for an intellectual movement.  I've stated this many times already in the Providence forum, but the only way for common people to be part of the solutions (to the many problems related to our unstable, polluting, inefficient, top-heavy economy) is for them to understand how the world around them actually operates.  Part of this is to know what's going on or up in your neck of the woods and be an active part of the process around you.  Awareness and minimal effort on the parts of many can make for a significant amount of progress.  I think we should start branding ourselves proudly (I never, ever, ever, thought I'd say that), we can make this a much larger thing than it currently is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with everything you just said and was actually thinking about getting one of those shirts or coffee mugs :thumbsup: .

trying to sound "smart".... probably doesn't know the difference between a forum and a blog.

Congrats to the Virginia forumers...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Lets give the poor guy a break. This reporter is actually one of our forumers and he has even started contributing here. He's a good guy and probably just misspoke.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This may seem confusing, but I always thought a blog was something where someone posts an article or opinion and the rest of the people comment on it and a forum is where people add their comments on a certain subject.

Anyways, it's good that UP is getting this king of recognition.

This may seem confusing, but I always thought a blog was something where someone posts an article or opinion and the rest of the people comment on it and a forum is where people add their comments on a certain subject.

Anyways, it's good that UP is getting this king of recognition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

blog is short for web log, which is more like an online diary.

Archived